What's new

A LIttle Krona Love

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Sometimes when you have too many razors you forget about some. I pulled out a Krona Friday morning and have been shaving with it ever since. It is ugly and sure does not get the love that the Gillette's do, but man it gives a fine shave.

If any of the rest of you have forgotten about yours I encourage you to give them a go and experience that Krona love. :biggrin:

I've got tow of them, a silver tip & a black tip. They're great shaves especially with a sharp blade. They are my go to razor.

I JUST received mine in a trade from the GDF. I can't wait to try it tomorrow morning. Here she is:
$20150504_162755.jpg
Surprisingly well balanced.

I prefer to keep them a secret :001_smile. If everyone know how great the Krona was, they would cost more than a Fat Boy.

Schick decided to go for function over beauty, so they succeeded in creating a great razor that many people will never give a second glance. I use my Krona more than any other razor by far.

I was ready to give up on my metal tip krona, but I finally found the right angle and get great shaves with it now. :thumbup1:

I have one. Great shave, and though some consider it ugly, or just "lacking" in the looks department, I actually think they look great.

Been using my newly acquired metal tip for a full week and finding it a comfortable shave, and VERY forgiving. May have found my daily driver.

It seems very sturdy, and I think it looks pretty good, not cheap at all, plastic or not!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I actually prefer a lighter handled DE razor over heavier ones. My Krona Black Tip fits the bill.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
This is good stuff, I am glad I am not alone loving the Krona.

I have three, and I do not use them enough.
I have those three as well. But I also have two versions of the black plastic tip. One says "Schick" on both doors, while one says "Schick" on one door and "Krona" on the other.

They also made these in a gold plated model and there are a few out there branded as Eversharp instead of Schick.

The only thing I did not like about Krona is that the rotating knob does not come to a definite stop as all-metal TTO's do. It feels like you can turn it farther and eventually damage. The butterfly doors came lose a couple times while I was shaving.

Last edited:
The only thing I did not like about Krona is that the rotating knob does not come to a definite stop as all-metal TTO's do. It feels like you can turn it farther and eventually damage. The butterfly doors came lose a couple times while I was shaving.
Really? How odd. I've never had that happen with any of mine.

Top Bottom