What's new

SOTD Week May 4 - 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gentlemen, Dave (skypsyd) and I are stewarding the SOTD section, now, and we welcome any input on your behalf and if you would like to propose any themes for the weeks, please, contact one of us via PM. Thank you all for participating and making this section a visual treat and have a wonderful day! :001_smile
To echo what Celestino ( The Zen photo Master :lol:) mentioned we are honored to have been asked to steward this forum and the clubs and brotherhood as well. Big shoes to fill as Mike is AWESOME and brings all kinds of fun to this forum. I want to publically thank him for his time and effort on making this forum one of the shining stars of B & B. Celestino and have discussed the "Theme" ideas and really would like your input as to what you think would be fun, also know that is only a suggestion, and would encourage EVERYONE to post shots of their SOTD. We will try to maintain the same consistency you folks are used to and will open the new weeks thread at or about 9:00 pm to 10:00 pm Sunday evenings, Arizona time, and close the previous weeks thread at or about the same time if that works for everyone.

Please feel free to contact us with your ideas, suggestions, and from both Celestino and myself, THANK YOU for being members of Badger & Blade and for all the time and effort you gents put into your pictures each and every week, it is a real joy to start and end the day looking at all your photos!

We are glad to be here and if we can help, please call upon us

Respectfully,
Dave
Congratulations to you both, I know you two, along with all the great members here, will continue the great work Mike has done to create and maintain the SOTD as the awesome forum it is! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Excellent photos, everyone! Enjoy the beautiful day! :001_smile

Guy
alfredus
Patrick
Dave
Stefano
Clint
Matt
Bill
Cash
eezee
Bobcat
Stuart (welcome back)
Soren (lovely brush)
Brian
Phil
sarimento1
Jeff
witeq
PromfretSteve
Chris (arelli)
Scott
Michael

Thank you sir!

Gentlemen, Dave (skypsyd) and I are stewarding the SOTD section, now, and we welcome any input on your behalf and if you would like to propose any themes for the weeks, please, contact one of us via PM. Thank you all for participating and making this section a visual treat and have a wonderful day! :001_smile

Congratulations to you both!

Thursday morning:

Razor: Superspeed
Blade: Shark SS (2)
Cream: JM Fraser
Brush: Vulfix 1000a
A/S: Brut
ASB: Gaia Organic ASB

Congratulations to you both, I know you two, along with all the great members here, will continue the great work Mike has done to create and maintain the SOTD as the awesome forum it is! :thumbup:

Congratulations to you both!

I am glad that you both have been stewarding here!Heartfelt congratulations to you!:thumbup:

Thank You WiteQ * Celestino * Dave!

Cheers on the Stewardship(s)! :thumbup1:

As for themes, my votes are always on anything Vintage and Black and White! Anything else, I just like trying to play along.

Thanks Gents

2014 LE B&B Rudy Vey Two-band
Stirling Bergamot Lavender shave soap
Weber Bulldog ARC/ Super Iridium
Speick ASL
Creed Royal Water

The 32-Year Shave

32nd wedding anniversary today.
My dear, patient wife deserves to see at least part of my face cleanly, closely, freshly and smoothly shaven on a day like this.

Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica (soap & lotion)
Simpson TSN M6
Gold Dollar 208 for some practice on the sideburns & cheeks (yup, that's not in the photo; what's here is a no-name Solingen)
1953 Gillette President & Polsilver SI for the rest
1954 Patek Philippe Ref. 1491 for the wrist (check out the 1954 price on that bill of sale)
View attachment 569626
A great day all around.
This photo won me a limited edition pair of eyeglass frames (sunglasses, actually, I think) from my favorite optician, Moscot in New York, who are celebrating their 100th anniversary this month. The images in front of my eyes are the founder (or his son?) and his wife.
$IMG_0817 (1).png

Last edited:
I could not possibly think of better choices for stewards (especially for the SOTD) than Dave and Celestino. Two of the warmest, kindest, most generous guys you could hope to meet on the web. Congrats.

I could not possibly think of better choices for stewards (especially for the SOTD) than Dave and Celestino. Two of the warmest, kindest, most generous guys you could hope to meet on the web. Congrats.

Rob, that is very sweet of you, my friend and thank you! :001_smile By the way, Happy Anniversary, my friend! :thumbup:

Last edited:

Thursday Planned SOTD

Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Kai Titan Mild Pro touch MG (D5)
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
Bowl: Symmetrical Sheet Metal
Pre Shave Scrub: RazoRock GLO
Pre Shave Oil: Homemade Jasmine Orange Vanilla
Shave Soap: Mickey Lee La Belle du Sud
Aftershave: HTGAM Meta Nectar

$P1060470.jpg

View attachment 569662

$100_0273 (600x432).jpg

Planned SOTD for Thursday 07 May 15

Razor: Weber 3 PC. W/Classic Handle
Razor Blade: Wilkinson Sword
Brush: Whipped Dog 30/65mm Silver Tip Badger Black&White Marbled Resin Handle
Bowl: Arletta's Mug II Cobalt Blue Mug
Pre-Shave Face Wash Face with Neutrogena Men's Invigorating Face Wash
Pre-Shave Oil: Stirling Bay Rum Pre-Shave Oil
Shave Soap: Stirling Glacial Wintergreen
Aftershave: Stirling Bay Laurel

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Last edited:
SOTD 07 May 2015

Fresh Shave Week

Mint and lemon... Mojito Shave!
Suddenly today there's 34C. Summer is coming!

Pre: 30" water hot rinse and Proraso Green Preshave
Razor: Muhle R89
Brush: Omega 6211 Silvertip
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Soap: TOBS Lemon&Lime
AS: Proraso AS Splash / Proraso Green Balm

Music: Joyce Cooling - This Girl's Got To Play

EDT: Dior Homme

proxy.php

Have a wonderful shavings and fresh day to all gents!

Planned SOTD 5.7.2015

Hot Shower / Cold Water Shave
Glycerin Face Lather & Rinse / Noxzema Pre
Otto Roth New LC / PolSilver SI (2)
Mystic Water Orange Vanilla Shave Soap
Omega 6242
Alum
Fine L' Orange Noir AS

Have a Wonderful Wednesday Gentlemen

proxy.php

SOTD 07/05/15

Pre-shave:
Warm water face wash with Lush Porridge Soap plus hot flannel

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89

Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (best blade for my skin/hair type yet)

Soap: TOBS Sandalwood Cream

Brush: Kent Silvertex Synthetic

Post shave: Cold water rinse, alum, TOBS Sandalwood AS and Aveeno Moisturising Cream

Fragrance: Malizia Uomo Vetyver EdT (cheap as chips first vetiver frag :thumbup1:)

I hope everyone has a great shave and a great day :001_smile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom