What's new

Cella

I'm thinking about ordering my first tub of Cella. Is it a cream or is it just soft like most Soft soaps? Been curious about it from the beginning, but the pictures almost look like a tub of lotion...

It is a croap, if you will. Somewhere between the 2. I cant scoop it out easily like a cream but it is a bit softer and with water you could mold it a bit.

I'm thinking about ordering my first tub of Cella. Is it a cream or is it just soft like most Soft soaps? Been curious about it from the beginning, but the pictures almost look like a tub of lotion...

good choice.

photos show swirl of soap as its poured while still hot, into the tub.
once cooled, cella has consistency of playdoh.

$image.jpg

I'd also call it a cream. I use to load Cella straight from the tub. Now I use my finger to scoop out an almond sized amount and build lather in a bowl... Its great stuff, I will never be without.

I've got my first tub of Cella on the way. I've only read great things. I made a huge purchase so it'll be a while before I buy anything else but I also really want to try tabac.

Some of our B&B expert content that the "brick" Cella is even better the red tub. I had a sample of large block. It also appeared to be a croap, harder than typical English creams but softer that La Toja.

Never tried the red tub, but I don't think there's a better soap for the money than Cella brick. I can't remember for sure, but I think there's a B&B vendor who sells brick cuts for about $12.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Cella is awesome! Easy to see why its been a staple in Italy for over a hundred years. Thanks to the generosity of a friend in Italy, I finally had a chance to try brick Cella after finishing off my red tub. Same great lather. Less great almond smell. Hmmm, I wonder why that is. Well, I suppose that might a plus for some guys as the scent is somewhat polarizing. But I love it!

Get the brick! It is a great deal. I also cut a bar out of the brick to use as my shower soap. Cella lathers easily, is slick and cushiony and smells great.

+1 on the brick comments. I like it better than the tub, and it has to be one of the best deals in shave soaps.

Cella is awesome!

The first who replies after me I will PIF instantly 30g of Cella from the Brick.
Non Cella users better!

Top Bottom