What's new

Vetiver

Have mostly used up the Guerlain Vetiver I have, but have decants of L'Occitan, Creed OV and Villoresi i coming (along with a few other things).

My experience was almost exactly the same. I also bought a bottle just the other day. I sprayed once on my wrist and it lasted me the whole day, it's amazing and the smell even got better as it went into it's mid and base notes. It's a good buy.

Creed Original Vetiver. My brother bought the bottle and loved the smell from the bottle. On his skin it was very underwhelming and his wife was not a fan at all.

He gave the bottle to me and said, "Its expensive but my wife hates it and I'm not super impressed. Give it a try and see if it works for you."

Boy did it ever. I love the scent and its probably my all time top scent. My wife also loves it and if I spray my chest before bed she will press her nose into it while sleeping.

Fresh and clean with grass and woods mixed it.

I'm a big fan of both Guerlain's and L'Occitaine's Veviter. Would love to try Creed at some point but that's out of my budget range for now.

Have any of you gents tried the Guerlain Vetiver aftershave splash? Just ordered a bottle from Saks. I've always loved the scent of Guerlain Vetiver cologne, but I've found it a bit overpowering. I'm hoping the aftershave captures the scent with a bit less intensity.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of both Guerlain's and L'Occitaine's Veviter. Would love to try Creed at some point but that's out of my budget range for now.
If your near a Nordstrom check it and see if they have a Creed counter, if so you may be able to get 2 samples of their cologne. I was at a Nordstrom a couple of years ago and while looking into their Vetiver I asked for a sample and they had a vial of the Vetiver. I particularly didn't like it. It was too soapy for me.

Nordstrom is opening up in Toronto next year so I'll have to wait until then. Has anyone tried the Castle Forbes Veviter Reserve?

This summer I use :
Bel Ami Vétiver (by Hermes)
"Without disrupting the past order – the same balance, the same confident elegance, the same classic structure – Jean-Claude Ellena created his own interpretation of Bel Ami based on a new ingredient: vetiver. From chypre leather to woody leather: now the light of warm, woody, green vetiver, with a very subtle smokiness, becomes the centerpiece, replacing the patchouli of before."

proxy.php

Have mostly used up the Guerlain Vetiver I have, but have decants of L'Occitan, Creed OV and Villoresi i coming (along with a few other things).

They've arrived and I've tried all three. All are nice in their own way. Of the three samples I got I prefer the Creed OV for its scent, but it doesn't last nearly as long on me as the others (sometimes that's not a bad thing). For pure value it's hard to beat the L'IOccitan.

This summer I use :
"Without disrupting the past order – the same balance, the same confident elegance, the same classic structure – Jean-Claude Ellena created his own interpretation of Bel Ami based on a new ingredient: vetiver. From chypre leather to woody leather: now the light of warm, woody, green vetiver, with a very subtle smokiness, becomes the centerpiece, replacing the patchouli of before."

proxy.php

I've been wanting to smell this. Will have to look for it somewhere to sample, or maybe try to find a decant.

This summer I use :

proxy.php

Sounds appealing. May it appeals my smell sense.

I'm a big fan of Royall Vetiver. I'm not 100% sure on this, but it's probably a fraction of the cost of Guerlain, Creed or Hermes.

I sampled the Creed version at their boutique in NY. Everything is behind a counter and you have to ask to try it. When I stuck my wrist out, the clerk absolutely saturated me. It was so strong that the scent survived the shower I took when I got home! Lol! It did however smell very nice at that point.

I picked up my first Vetiver earlier this year, it was L'Occitane Vetyver.

I had tried the samples in shops during my vacation several times, and really enjoyed the fragrance, and how it changed over time on my skin. It had good longevity on me.

It is very easy to sample fragrances in Europe as there are many stores that offer a large variety of samples.

Top Bottom