What's new

List your Top 3 Shavers

1. ATT H2
2. ATT R2
3. ATT M2

i only own two other razors, my starter Merkur 34C HD that I use for travel, and my birth year 1956 Red Tip, which is just too pretty to use. My AD is focused on aftershaves and colognes. Eight months ago, I didn't own a bottle of either. Now I struggle every day to choose an AS and cologne, as I own more than 25 full bottles of each, as well as a number of samples. I'm fortunate that I jumped on the ATT bandwagon with my second razor, and never developed RAD. Yet.

1)gilllete tech
2)refer to 1
3)refer to 2

Still trying to save money,guys. These techs give great shaves. Tech, astra sp, cold water,noxema,aloe green,BOOM.

I'm creeping out of the murky dephts of the straight-razor forums to provide the first straights amongst all these comments. But me mostly being a straight-shaver won't stop my only DE to make the list!

1: C.V. Heljestrand mk30, 4/8
2: Gillette Rocket HD
3: C.V. Heljestrand mk32 6/8

Though I may get closer shaves with a straight, the gillette gives a suberb shave in less time, less risk, and about as much style. It's my first razor that wasn't a cartridge, my grandpas I think, and it works just as great now as fifty years ago. That gillette is what really got me into wetshaving some years ago.
My mk30 has never ever let me down, smooth fantastic clean shaves everytime with no irritation. But maybe proper honing of some of my other blades might kick it down a few notches on my list, though.

Attachments

• $20150503_221230[1].jpg
    $20150503_221230[1].jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 171
Today I'd say . . .

Gillette Super Adjustable (close yet very comfortable and safe)
Merkur 39c barberpole slant (very close yet requires more attention)
Star safety razor, tied with a triangular slot Tech head/grippy handle

DE
1. 1960 Gillette Fatboy
2. Merkur 11c
3. Merkur 23c

SE
1. Gem 1912
2. Gem Micromatic bullet-tip
3. Schick Injector adjustable

Razorock Mission
Cadet TTO

5 months into this, these are the two razors I have. Both come from the same factory in India. Both cost around $20.00.
The Cadet TTO is the more "aggressive" of the two. I know this because I never get a nick from the Mission. Since I'm still experimenting with different blades, I'm not ready to claim a favorite between the two. The Mission is more comfortable and allows for a more carefree shave. The Cadet, I think, gets a mite closer after two passes. At this point, my lathering technique is still wanting. I use one for a week, and then the other. One day I'll add an open comb, and then my journey will be complete.

Merkur 11C OC - very nice and smooth close shaving razor
Maggard MR6 (V2.0 head) - exceptionally smooth and mid-aggressive leaning a little to the mild side - I LIKE IT......<G>
Merkur 34c (ya know it had to be in there - right???? (hehehehe)

DE:
1920's Bostonian
1959 Fatboy on 4
1946-1952 Ball end tech

SR:
Pre-1890 W&B FBU 8/8 (Best shaves EVER!!)
Filarmonica Doble Temple 14 7/8
Wings YSS (Japanese western) 5/8 (I don't know why but this oddball in my rotation never ceases to amaze me in how well it shaves. I greatly prefer large, heavy blades but this beats most of them)

Kamisori:
Tanaka Blue #2 (only one I have lol!) haven't quite figured this one out yet...

Chris

Seeing these lists makes me realize one thing....I need more razors! :lol:

Here are the most mentioned so far:

With (18), the Gillette Super Speed
With (17), several Above the Tie Razors
With (15), the Gillette Tech
With (13), the Gillette New
Tied with (9), the Muhle R41 and Gillette Fatboy Adjustable
Tied with (8), the Gillette Slim Adjustable & Gillette Super Adjustable

Top Bottom