What's new

An incredubly poor shave

Although I have been an wet-shaver for over one year, I got an incredibly poor poor poor....shave last night.

SOTD:
Pre: Noxzema
Brush: Semogue SOC boar
Soap: Cella
Razor: Merkur [email protected]
Blade: Personna blue

When after shaving, I applied some Speick AS balm and then I got severe allergy on my face and neck.
There are so many many...rashes in my face and neck areas.
I think Speick AS balm is quite mild, right?
Even I do not have any ideas about which stuffs triggered the allergy.
After seeing a doctor, he told me that it was because there were some invisible nicks in these two areas,
and Speick AS balm triggered the allergy.
(But I am now still wondering about so many nicks???)

I must stop wet-shaving for couple days, and this unquestionably upsets me so so much.
What bothers me now is how could I avoid the allergy when I back to wet-shaving?
Please give me some advices.
Thank you all.

No, that was the third time of using the Speick AS blam.
This morning I applied some Speick AS balm on the back of my hand, nothing happened.
Still can not figure my first allergy out..
I need your help, gents...
Thanks.

Bummer. Compare the ingredients in the Speick to a balm that works for you to learn what is different.

Bummer. Compare the ingredients in the Speick to a balm that works for you to learn what is different.

This.

Something in the Speick disagrees with you. Find out what that is and get a different AS without it. Fortunately there are many, many options in that regard. The problem of course is testing to find out. Good luck.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Definitely don't keep using something that causes problems; nothing is gained. Allowing to heal before the next shave is something we've all been through; It happens.

It seems there are three possibly items causing the rash/irritation; pre, soap or the AS. If you have used these before, then it could be something besides shaving-related.
Good luck.

I would be more prone to blaming the noxzema. Noxzema contains salicylic acid, which can cause dryness, redness, itching, and rash.
Reportedly, noxzema can actually have a chemical reaction with some soaps, off-gassing ammonia and creating who-knows-what on your face.

Maybe the noxzema caused the irritation and the menthol in the speick just made it "angrier"?

Sometimes certain products don't agree with us and we never really figure out exactly why. Like Mike says above, there is no point in staying with something that causes you problems. I'm sorry you are having this problem and I sincerely hope you can get it resolved asap. Please keep us posted and best of luck.

[Update: 05/03/2015]
Hi, gent..
THANKS for all your valuable advices.
I cam back WS this morning.
Honestly speaking, I was a bit nervous and worried about what will happen.
THANKS GOD..nothing happened.

SOTD:
Pre: Shower+Noxzema
Razor: Merkur [email protected]*2 passes+Merkur [email protected]*1+ pass
Blade: Personna blue(2)
AS: Speick AS lotion

Now I think Speick AS balm triggers my allergy.
Moreover, I think I had too much confidence with my techniques and cares to have a nice shave.
In fact, I do not find significance differences between setting at 3.5 and 2.0 in efficiency.
Setting at 2.0 still gave me an efficient shave, but I should care more when setting at 3.5 because of closeness.

Hi, gent..

SOTD:

Moreover, I think I had too much confidence with my techniques and cares to have a nice shave.
In fact, I do not find significance differences between setting at 3.5 and 2.0 in efficiency.
Setting at 2.0 still gave me an efficient shave, but I should care more when setting at 3.5 because of closeness.
Are v you getting any help for b allergies?

Hi, gent..

SOTD:

Are you you getting any help for the allergies?

Top Bottom