What's new

Nib Acquisitions, May 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered this a few weeks ago and it finally came in. Honestly I don't like it as much as the previous version and the nib needs a little work, but I wanted a two tone nib. I may switch caps with my Sapporo as I look the look better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, impressive haul! Maybe it is a good thing I don't have a quality pen store in my area. :)

Yeah, it makes it easy to spend more than you plan on spending. And I blame Larry. He had to go send over that Parker 45 that got this whole thing started.

Thanks again Larry!!! :thumbup:

Had to kill some time yesterday, so walked into a Staples and walked out with a Sustainable Earth Notebook to keep in my messenger bag for jotting down random ideas and a new EDC "Hey, can I borrow a pen?" rollerball.

Franklin-Covey Lexington Rollerball

$roller.jpg

I just received two pens from Scriptorium Pens.
I´ve only taken a decent picture of one of them yet - the "Idyll" with a medium cursive italic by Pendleton Brown.

proxy.php

An ebay deal (unless it's a fake and I got rooked :lol:). Mont Blanc 221. Listed as missing a converter and having a broken feed, with a broad nib. In actuality, it's a piston fill and has an oblique nib on it, though I'm unsure of the actual size. A long soak in some warm, soapy water showed it to be clogged up with dried ink, rather than broken. I put in a very lowball bid about a week ago and forgot about it until I surprisingly won. Filled with Mont Blank JFK, it writes beautifully with the slightest bit of flex. It's a keeper.

Stopped by the University book store in Bellevue, WA a picked up a few goodies.
A Namiki Falcon in SF, a Noodler's Ahab clear Demo, a bottle of Heart of Darkness, 54th Massachusetts, and finally a bottle of Chiku-rin. :thumbup1:

proxy.php

Legion

Staff member
Found a deal on a Parker Urban Premium that was just too cheap to pass up, even though I didn't need it at all. I have yet to ink it, but the fit and finish of the pen seem very nice, especially for the price. I'll check back once I have had a chance to write with it for a while.

proxy.php

A Namiki Falcon in SF, a Noodler's Ahab clear Demo, a bottle of Heart of Darkness, 54th Massachusetts, and finally a bottle of Chiku-rin. :thumbup1:

proxy.php
Very nice inks.:thumbup1: The pens don't look to shabby either! How does that falcon nib write?

Picked up a Lamy Al-Star EF copper orange and a Clairefontaine notebook. I swear I didn't match them on purpose. Got the notebook from the university bookstore and when I went into a different store to get the pen it was sitting in my jeep in it's bag!!!

And Jut, no clue....... the falcon rolled off my work desk 15 minutes after taking that pic so now I'm trying to find a miester to send it off to.
proxy.php

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member

proxy.php

I love 54th Mass. I had originally bought a sample and quickly became fond of it. I'm now waiting on a bottle of it to arrive along with a few other goodies. Nice score.

Just received a Conway Stuart Edwardian (004/100) fountain pen:

"Based on our popular Belgravia model, the Edwardian is completely crafted from solid sterling silver and is a full sized pen with a hand finished Tiffany style matte polish, set off by an elegant in-house engraving running the length of the cap and barrel"

This is really a beautiful writing instrument. Weighty, yet balanced in the hand. I ordered it with a fine nib as it best matches my writing style. Conway Stuart went into receivership in 2014, and its stock was taken over by Bespoke British Pens.

I currently have the pen filled with Diamine Majestic blue which closely matches the engraved lettering on my stationary.

$DSC00808.jpg$DSC00809.jpg$DSC00810.jpg$DSC00812.jpg$DSC00805.jpg

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Jinhao X450, Platinum Preppy w/ O-rings and silicon grease for eyedropper conversion, Rhodia A4 notebook, Noodler's 54th Massachusetts ink, and a Goulet pen cleaning kit. It was scheduled to arrive tomorrow, but it ended up coming today. :thumbup:

$New 2015-05-22.jpg

I wanted to order a notebook sample pack from Goulet Pens as well, but they were out of stock. Truthfully, I also wanted to order a few more pens, but figured it'd be best to wait.

Four Seven Seas journals from Namami arrived today. Solidly constructed journals with spectacular TR paper, these journals are a welcome addition to my desk.

New (to me)

The pen is a Cadence (?) and the nib appears to be fine.

A co-worker is changing departments and moving to a different building. He bought this pen a while ago and said "Fountain pens are fun but it's not for me. Do you want this?".

$FullSizeRender-2.jpg

I do not really know anything about the pen. Cap says "Cadence" and the nib is stamped Iridium Point Germany. Nib is pretty scratchy (do not yet have a loupe to check tine alignment) but I figured i would ink it and run a cartridge through it and see how it behaves.

It's amazing what you can find on Craigslist for $10 sometimes! Esterbrook LJ icicle.
It's in need of restoration, so thinging of sending it off to The Write Pen, but open to others as well.
proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom