What's new

Nib Acquisitions, May 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just couldn't help myself...I had to get a new color for my stash.
Just got this in the mail yesterday, Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses.
$IMG_2019.JPG

Just received a Conway Stuart Edwardian (004/100) fountain pen:

"Based on our popular Belgravia model, the Edwardian is completely crafted from solid sterling silver and is a full sized pen with a hand finished Tiffany style matte polish, set off by an elegant in-house engraving running the length of the cap and barrel"

This is really a beautiful writing instrument. Weighty, yet balanced in the hand. I ordered it with a fine nib as it best matches my writing style. Conway Stuart went into receivership in 2014, and its stock was taken over by Bespoke British Pens.

Stunning!

Three J. Herbin 1670 inks arrived today from MassDrop!

Stormy Grey, Rouge Hermatite, and Ocean Bleu

$jherbin_1670.jpg

Last edited:
I went to the Mont Blanc Boutique to buy a bottle of ink. The sale associate kindly let me know they were having a sale on some of their fountain pens.

proxy.php

The Boheme is beautiful. It's silky smooth to write with and has a really sweet retractable nib. The Boheme Blue ink is quite possibly my new favorite. The color is a beautiful blue that has a veers every so slightly towards turquoise. The Chopin has a nice classic look to it. The nib isn't nearly as smooth as the Boheme, but is by no means scratchy or bad. I'm not a fan of Oyster Grey though. It's too light for my tastes and has a very very slight brown tint when it's wet that (thankfully) disappears when it's dry. Maybe I'll grow to like it more, but it's the first Mont Blanc ink that I haven't immediately liked.

Not pictured is a bottle of Mont Blanc Royal Blue, Toffee Brown, and Johnathan Swift. The mailman happened to bring me a bottle of J. Herbin Bleu Ocean, reformulated with the gold particles similar to Stormy Grey. Today was a good day.

I picked up a red Esterbrook Phaeton 300. It appears to be a Med nib. It also came with the Esterbrook converter, box and instruction sheet.

$Esterbrook Phaeton 300.jpg$Esterbrook Phaeton 300:Box.jpg

Tom

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
TWISBI 580AL inbound. The Orange versions are running out fast, got mine while I could.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I just couldn't help myself...I had to get a new color for my stash.
Just got this in the mail yesterday, Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses.

Luv me some Black Swan in Aussie Roses, I use it frequently!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom