What's new

Nib Acquisitions, May 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Gents, lets see all the goodies May has to offer. Last month was great but I bet this one is even bigger. I kow I have something nice on the way myself

Last edited:
Arrived today - Jinhao X750 in sparkly black, and X450 in a deep red/black mix.

Now loaded with Liberty's Elysium and Apache Sunset respectively.

Stopped by The Fountain Pen Shop in Monrovia, CA (AKA Fred's) and picked up this little beauty. A definite step up from my Pilot Metropolitan, which is exactly what I was after.

$IMG_4954.jpg

I stopped by a local store to browse. Silly me. I ended up buying a Kaweco on clearance (40% off).

proxy.php

Fine nib, which for some reason writes like there is water in the feed (even when it was dry) - the line is simply very faint even though it is what I would think would be the correct width. I'm thinking that I need to mess with the nib (which I don't like, as I don't feel confident in my ability to widen the slit while still preserving the tip/nib architecture and not scratching or damaging the nib itself), or to order a replacement nib (I'm thinking EF).

I've got a Lamy Safari 2015 Neon Lime (f) and matching ink on the way. Only problem is, it is a birthday present and I don't get to open it until next month :(

I received a Sheaffer Vacuum Fill pen for Christmas but it turned out to be non-functional. Danny Fudge ended up having to replace the barrel but brought it back to life for me. Excellent service from him and would highly recommend him! The only problem is not that it is fixed and polished up I am afraid to use it. Picture will have to wait as the phone/camera isn't working well.

Finally found a MB 114 Burgundy Mozart. Second picture is for scale next to the 144 and 146. It's a tiny little thing, but I have been looking for one for quite some time. Now, hopefully, I can go the rest of the year without buying another pen. :bored:

Attachments

• $FullSizeRender.jpg
    $FullSizeRender.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 152
  • $FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    $FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 150

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Got a package from Cologne, Germany with two black pens -- one is still in my Werkstatte, though. Here is a Soennecken S4, steel nib Schulfüller.

Nice writer, wet F or M nib, probably fine. Cork piston still draws and holds ink.

Last edited by a moderator:
A replacement nib/clip for my Kaweco (hopefully this will work better), and to get the free shipping a bottle of Sailor's Copper Pheasant teal ink. Supposedly, it has great "sheen".

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
So far, two bottles of Iroshizuku inks and the third should come mid-week.
Take-sumi and Ina-ho are in the house, and Yama-budo is the one coming.

$IMG_4001.jpg$IMG_4002.jpg$IMG_4003.jpg

2 Sailor inks (Shigure and Yama-Dori), a Kaweco replacement EF nib and clip in gold (the nib actually came out! I was able to clean it!), and a Pilot Prera with the CM/calligraphy nib. Still experimenting with the inks.

I found out, after waiting 22 days for the Prera and the Sailor inks . . . that Anderson inks carries Sailor for about the same price. :facep:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom