What's new

May 2015 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried hard to restrain myself from new purchases and just use what is in my den.
I caved this week, and have received three parcels :blushing:

From Portugal and Japan
proxy.php

and from Denmark
proxy.php

I have tried hard to restrain myself from new purchases and just use what is in my den.
I caved this week, and have received three parcels :blushing:

From Portugal and Japan
proxy.php

and from Denmark
proxy.php

Excellent support for for the global economy!
enjoy!

Just been to Russia for 10 days, part in Moscow, and then part in St Petersburg. Moscow was in April but as the forum was closed.. :confused1:confused1

Didn't find much in B&M stores in Moscow, but we took a trip to a market called Izmailovsky, which sells loads of tourist stuff, but then has quite a flea market, found a few straights for sale, some were in terrible shape, and some were expensive, but I"m guessing there was a hefty tourist tax added.

I did manage to score a few goodies.

these straights, and also DE, which I think is a Red Star model (got this from a forum on here called Hardcore Soviet Shaving, unfortunately no box.

St Petersburg I finally tracked down a pharmacy which sold DE blades! Not great prices, would be cheaper on eBay!

Finally went to what it possibly the mother of all flea markets, called Udelnaya. Seems like pretty well everything has a tourist tax, I did find some straights, but not at prices I was willing to pay.

This place was unreal, there was military stuff for sale.. you want disarmed WW2 hand grenades, bayonets from the crimean war or magazines from WW2 sub machine guns, it's all available. I found the plastic DEs at a stall selling what seemed to be medical equipment from the Russian military. Maybe these are used for operation shaving prep rather than face shaving. I also bought what seems to be tool box for medical purposes made of aluminium. No idea what I'll use it for!

Also caught the rehearsals for the May Day parades both in Moscow and St Petersburg, pretty cool seeing tanks, missile launchers and all sorts parading through the streets. Their parade marching was a shambles though, my old Warrant Officer would have had a fit..!
:biggrin1::biggrin1:

Been getting a few packages here and there but have been trying to cut back a bit. Here's my newest straight, for the price I couldn't resist this Thiers Issard Wolf & Sheep, razor is NOS, never used or honed. $IMG_6920.jpg$IMG_6921.jpg$IMG_6923.jpg

Love those Epsilon handles but I already shot my May wad on a Semogue; this time an SOC cherry handle 2-band badger.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
My score from The Superior Shave for 30 bucks! The Merkur 38, not the Cella - I just like how it matches :) Merkur discontinued the red, blue, matte 38's, so get 'em while they're hot!
View attachment 571235

Christmas has come early. These just arrived in the mail:

$DSC_0558.jpg

Brown Razor Works 5/8 qtr-half hollow
Whipped Dog synth

This morning's flea market run was fruitful: A 40's Gillette Super Speed in excellent condition and a Gem Junior "Lather Catcher" single-edge razor from the early 1900s.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Got a "Small Box of Shaving Stuff" at a yard sale for 10$!

$IMG_20150519_144956.jpg
$IMG_20150519_145441.jpg
$IMG_20150519_144443615.jpg
$IMG_20150519_144452266.jpg$IMG_20150519_144513076.jpg

I felt like I got a pretty good deal seeing as I would have paid 10$ for the FlareTip and FatBoy alone.
The razors are shave ready and practically Flawless. The brushes are definitely usable. The Old Spice Mug is just cool.

I got more shaving stuff this month than ever in me lifetime! My first foray into DE wetshaving.
MicroTouch ONE DE Razor with 12 Dorco Blades
VDH Shave set - Boar brush, luxury soap, mug and stand
20 blade sampler from tryablade
Everyday Favorites sampler from Mamabear (arriving tomorrow)
Pinaud - Clubman, VIBR, Lime SEC
Superior 70 Bay Rum
Florida Water
Joined B&B!

Got a "Small Box of Shaving Stuff" at a yard sale for 10$!

View attachment 572621

I felt like I got a pretty good deal seeing as I would have paid 10$ for the FlareTip and FatBoy alone.
The razors are shave ready and practically Flawless. The brushes are definitely usable. The Old Spice Mug is just cool.
Great score! That'll keep you in shaves for a while! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom