What's new

No more Bigelow/Proraso at Bath & Body Works!

I was looking at the Bath & Body Works web site the other night, and I was surprised that I could no longer find the C. O. Bigelow Premium Shave Cream (made by Proraso) - especially since I had just bought a tube (my first) at their Plano, TX store a few weeks ago. I dropped them the following e-mail:

I am a big fan of your C.O. Bigelow Premium Shave Cream, but I cannot find it on your web site for ordering. Can you provide me with a web link for this product? Please tell me it has not been discontinued! Thank you.​

and here, unfortunately, were the two replies I received. :frown:

Dear Robert,

We appreciate you taking the time to write us to share your concerns. We are always reviewing our standards to improve as a company and we are grateful for your feedback.

We're sorry for any disappointment you had when you heard the C.O. Bigelow Premium Shave Cream is no longer offered in our stores. Sometimes we'll introduce a collection of special edition scents, which we move in and out of the stores in a matter of weeks. Other times we'll replace a less popular item with something fresh and new. But no matter what we do, we have only one goal in mind: to give our customers what they want. To this end, we will forward your request for this item to our Product Managers for future consideration. Occasionally, discontinued items will be produced again due to popular demand during our Semi-Annual Sales, which are held in January and June. You can get it at www.bigelowchemist.com and type in Premium Shave Cream and it will come up.

Thanks again for contacting us. We hope you will continue to enjoy your favorites from Bath & Body Works and The White Barn Candle Co. If we can do anything else for you, please feel free to reply to this e-mail (please do not change the subject line) or call us at 1-800-395-1001.

Sincerely,

Tami Henry
Customer Relations Representative

Dear Robert,

Thank you for your email regarding the C.O. Bigelow Premium Shave Cream. We are happy to assist with your inquiry.

At this time the C.O. Bigelow Premium Shave Cream is not available on our web site. We are constantly updating our inventory and adding new product lines. Please continue to check the web site, as this product may be available at a later date.

As an alternate suggestion, we recommend the Anthony Logistics For Men Shave Cream. Lightly coat face with smooth stuff: eucalyptus oil to heal, squalene to lubricate, aloe vera gel to soothe, an infusion of hops (do not drink) to relax, and a mix of vitamins (A, B5, C and E) to nourish. To view this item on our web site, please click on the link below or 'copy and paste' the URL into the address line of your browser.

http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2095631&cp=&
sr=1&origkw=Shave+Cream&kw=shave+cream&parentPage=search

We also invite you to use our store locator to contact your local Bath &Body Works store for in-store product availability. Please click on the link below or "copy and paste" the URL into the address line of your browser.

http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/corp/index.jsp?page=storeLocator&clickid
=footer_storeLocator_txt

We appreciate your interest in our products and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Sincerely,

Alana M.
BathandBodyWorks.com Customer Service

I went back to the store and bought 2 more tubes, as it's more convenient for me than to mail order the original Proraso (I haven't acquired a case of SCAD yet - but I think it's incubating :biggrin:).

Hate to be the bearer of not-so-great news (it's just the loss of convenience, not major by any stretch), having so recently joined the forum. I guess I'll just have to make up for it over time.

Regards,

Bob Eye
Dallas, TX

I was at the Topanga Canyon Mall Store last Sunday and they had a full display area for C.O. Bigalow. It included the Proraso. The mall is in Canoga Park, Ca. 91303

Wow! Theyre now selling Anthony Logistics shave cream. Thats impressive. Its also good stuff. I shouldnt be supprised though because they sell the full line of AL at C.O. Bigelow. I'm just lucky enough to live by one of their stores.

I'll have to hit up some of my local Bath & Body Works soon to see if I can pick up some before it completely disappears. I just started using my first tube of it and really have enjoyed it a lot.

Time to make a run for it at lunch!

Plus I need to get some stuff for my wife for Mother's Day anyway..

I saw this coming. They just can't move that much of that stuff. Plus, most guys probably crack it open and think EWWWWW THAT STINKS.

I know I love it, but I'm weird like that.

This really doesn't surprise me.

-Mason

For those looking for a credible replacement in local Brick and Mortar stores, the Real Shaving Moisturizing formula is very nice. No menthol/euc, but very nice.

Wow! Theyre now selling Anthony Logistics shave cream. Thats impressive. Its also good stuff. I shouldnt be supprised though because they sell the full line of AL at C.O. Bigelow. I'm just lucky enough to live by one of their stores.

If I remember from other threads, you're from MA as well. Where is this C.O. Bigelow store you speak of? Or did you just mean you lived next to a B&BW?

And peopled scoffed not long ago when I warned folks about the very real possibilty that B&BW frequently discontinues products and this cream might not be around long. Who knows if or when it will disappear from the stores themselves. Having gone to this store numerous times with my wife over the last 10 years or so I have noticed that B&BW has a habit of rotating non-B&BW products quite often. If they don't offer the Bigelow/Proraso cream online I'd view that as a red flag.

If I remember from other threads, you're from MA as well. Where is this C.O. Bigelow store you speak of? Or did you just mean you lived next to a B&BW?
There's a C.O. Bigelow's at the Copley Place Mall in Boston.

Also, Rite-Aid pharmacies in MA (western, at least) are now stocking The Real Shaving Co. line.

The local store here still has it. If I have time I'll check again this weekend. I live near-ish to one of their outlet stores that very often has stuff they don't have in the regular store (there is a body wash that I love the scent of). Maybe they'll continue to have it there.

I've got four tubes of the stuff (along side seven different soaps) so I think I'm set for a while in the shaving cream department.

But boy do I love the scent of Proraso. Must... resist... picking up more...

I picked up another today in Cleveland (Brooklyn location). So I have two extras, besides the tube I'm working on. I have to say that I'm set.. probably for over a year. I'm sure that when tube #3 runs out I'll have found another source. Or else I'll be lost in using some other shaving cream...

oh and the lady in the store didn't know about it, but she said if they are put on "clearance price" it will probably be in June.

There's a C.O. Bigelow's at the Copley Place Mall in Boston.

Also, Rite-Aid pharmacies in MA (western, at least) are now stocking The Real Shaving Co. line.

Thank you, good sir. I'll probly check out the Copley mall this weekend when I'm in the city. And that's an interesting tip about Rite-Aid, I'll have to swing by and check out their selection too. I've been too long at Walgreens and CVS since they're so damn close.

I went down to my local store and the clerk/manager hadn't heard anything. Weird. I just bought two tubes. :w00t:

Top Bottom