What's new

WD silvertip or WD new synthetic?

Trying to pick my next brush. WD silvertip set a little deeper or WD new synthetic? I mainly face lather soaps and I already have a omega boar.

From some previous reviews, WD silvertips brushes tend to be shedders.
Do they have the same problems now?

Mine is a shedder but Larry is replacing the knot once he gets a new batch in. He stands behind his products and is very friendly, which is why I'll happily buy another brush from him. Honestly, I would still consider my Silvertip a good value even though it sheds, and his willing customer support makes it even more worth while.

I got the synthetic and still learning how to use it. Knot is a little bigger than what I prefer, but I got to say that the quality of the material and the price can't be beat. I agree with the others that you should get both, as I am seriously looking at the high mountain badger right now.

My WD Silvertip was also a shedder. He did not have any in stock so I opted for a High Mountain. Don't like the high mountain. Prefer my Omega 49 in fact. Should have waited for new stock of ST. I recently purchased a Grooming Company Synthetic, should be here in a few days.

I got the synthetic and still learning how to use it. Knot is a little bigger than what I prefer, but I got to say that the quality of the material and the price can't be beat. I agree with the others that you should get both, as I am seriously looking at the high mountain badger right now.

Which size did you go with?

My WD Silvertip was also a shedder. He did not have any in stock so I opted for a High Mountain. Don't like the high mountain. Prefer my Omega 49 in fact. Should have waited for new stock of ST. I recently purchased a Grooming Company Synthetic, should be here in a few days.

what didn't you like about it?
I'm trying to decide between the high mountain and a silver tip for my first badger brush. I face lather and currently only have to omega 10066 similar brushes. seems the high mountain would be better for face lathering according to his site.

what didn't you like about it?
I'm trying to decide between the high mountain and a silver tip for my first badger brush. I face lather and currently only have to omega 10066 similar brushes. seems the high mountain would be better for face lathering according to his site.

My silvertip out of the box was softer than a 4 week old kitten wearing cashmere. The high mountain has more scritch than my broken in Omega 49. In fact, I have the high mountain for sale. It is sitting on the shelf while I use my 49.

silvertip
proxy.php

synthetic
proxy.php

Top Bottom