What's new

Washing yourself

Speick and Mitchell's Woolfat bath soaps.

Both smell super awesome! Both leave the skin really nice (especially MWF).

The Speick I can smell even at the end of a work day, its amazing and really pleasant. I love the Speick scent!!

For the shower, it's a bar of dial, and, a shower brush.

I can beat that as far as simplicity goes, as far as scrubbing the body goes, a bar of Lava or Fast Orange, and no scrubbers since the bar itself is coarse enough and aggressive enough to act as a scrubber. For the hair, any 2-in-1 product is good enough for me.

I've used Dr. Bronner's for a number of years now. It performs adequately, and I quite like the original peppermint variety. Lately I've been curious about shampoo bars and am happy to read some of the suggestions here.

i been useing yardly soaps from the dollar tree store love the oatmeal and almond one and the lavender one. i just bought a new brand from the dollar store shugar soapsworks lemon its 7 ounce s a dollar and smells really good. from there websits it says all natural and made in California. they have a few other scents i will go back to check out. http://www.shugarsoapworks.com/

For face and other sensitive areas, I use Papoutsanis olive oil soap. Very gentle.

For shampoo, I use Suave daily clarifying, followed by a mild conditioner.

For the rest of my body, I use Ivory, Irish Spring, Palmolive, or one of the "artisan" soaps from TJ Maxx (usually lavender).

I bounce between Grandpa's Pine Tar soap and Dr. Bronner's Peppermint. Grandpa's smells like a campfire or my old fire dept turnout gear (SWMBO says tire shop). The peppermint, of course, smells like a candy cane...but burns in certain places until you get used to it...

proxy.php

Upper left is coffee soap with canola, cocoanut, safflower oils and some cocoa butter. Upper right is camphor and lavender soap from mostly olive, but some castor and butters. Lower round are olive/cocoanut oils with ground oats and orange zest stirred after cooking.

Store bought soaps have nothing on home brew bars, especially when it's entertainment to craft.

Up until recently I was using the dove+men stuff but then I seen an ad on Facebook for dr squach soap and tried it and really liked it a lot so for the past 3-4 months or so I have been using that. Then I got into this wet shaving hobby and found Stirling and loved their shave products so I gave their bar soap a try and once I have cleared out my dr squach collection I will be moving to Stirling exclusively as they are cheaper and I like the scents better.

I use Stirling bath soaps each one lasts me a whole month, sometimes I wash my face with a detox bar I get from a local soap maker.

strop

Now half as wise
I usually just use up all the remaining partial bars from various hotels. For me, soap is soap. When that runs out it is Yardley, or some local artisan soap I get at the Farmer's Market.

Same with shampoo. When i run out of small bottles I usually use some shampoo bar. Mystic Water or QCS so far, since I usually buy in bulk.

I like Dr. Bronners citrus or almond body wash. I got some lavender but haven't used it yet. And yes it's masculine if I use it. I was not a fan of their peppermint.

I've used every man jack sandalwood and it was a hit with the girl I was dating at the time. She loved the way I smelled after a shower. I've also tried their citrus and cedarwood.

Sometimes in the summer I might use Nivea cooling or Irish Spring signature. It's a nice sensation when it's hot outside.

Usually axe or Irish springs.

I've tried a few artisanal soaps before.

Really like line tar soap but with I could find some locally

Top Bottom