What's new

arko vs. dr harris arlington

how similar in scent categories are these scents?

SEE CLARIFICATION POST #8!!!

Last edited:
Not at all.

Arlington is similar to the scent of 4711. Citrus and Oakmoss I think.

Arko has a very nice scent, to me it creates an image of fresh, clean. I know those are not scents, but that is what it conjures up.

One smells very clean and kind of citrusy to me, and the other smells either like ivory soap on steroids or a urinal puck (haven't decided).

Arko = urinal puck, Arlington = cologne. Both have a citrus element but arko reminds me of peeing in an overly used public restroom.

OP wasn't trolling.

I'm sorry I should have worded by question more carefully.
I don't want to suggest that anyone could confuse the scents but rather...
Would these two fragrances in the most general classification be lumped into a "citrus" category?
or does Arlington go into the "fougere" category?

Arlington is described as citrus and fern and the citrus is easy but I'm not sure how the fern scent is expressed.
(I would love to smell a fern scent by itself, is there such a soap or AS or cologne?)

My memory of Arko is that it was very citrus front and I'm not sure there was any other fragrance hiding in there.
I've just had a few shaves with the Arlington and the citrus in the bowl seems strong but by the time it's on my face it's subtle.
So yes the Arlington is subtle and Arko smacks you in the head with a 2x4.

Last edited:
They are similar in the citrus category. While you're not comparing Apples and Oranges. It's more like comparing Oranges and Lemons.

Don't get me wrong. I like Arko! (even the scent). Maybe because I was never scarred for life from a horrifying public bathroom experience.

Your 2X4 description of Arko IS very accurate. Arlington is a bit more subtle and refined.

I hope this helps.

You can't compare them! Arlington is sophisticated while Arko is something the cat found in the backyard...

Funny, but true!!

$ROFL-polar-bear-1.gif

Just tried ARKO for the first time tonight.

I had my mouth washed out with Ivory soap so much as a kid I could bite off a plug and chew it with no problem. (I will never forget mom's face when I did it...memories)

When I first pealed open the shave stick, I had fight the urge to bite it...

This is the most comedic thread I can ever remember. I'm having a hard time typing while rolling on the floor.

I'm not a fan of Arlington. I'll use up the puck I have, and I'll admit that it sort of grows on me, but it isn't nearly as nice as DR Harris Lavender.

Since I have Arlington and don't much care for it, I can only image how bad Arko is. Arlington already leans in the direction of urinal puck so Arko must really be putrid.

You can't compare them! Arlington is sophisticated while Arko is something the cat found in the backyard...

Whew, That explains why my can came running in the house with his mouth foaming, ran straight into the den and drank a whole bottle of Veg

My post won't be comedic, but when I tried Arko for the first time, I immediately thought of Arlington...which I thought smelled like lemon pledge. Arko definitely smells cheaper, but I find them more similar than different!

Arlington is described as citrus and fern and the citrus is easy but I'm not sure how the fern scent is expressed.
(I would love to smell a fern scent by itself, is there such a soap or AS or cologne?)
Experiencing it would be the best way but if you want some resources to read here's one:
http://www.fragrantica.com/notes/Fern-258.html

I recall running across a resource here on B&B covering a number of classic scents but can't seem to find it again.

how similar in scent categories are these scents?

SEE CLARIFICATION POST #8!!!

You aren't alone. Every couple of years a brave soul (or one with a broken nose :lol:) posts about the similarities of Arko and Arlington. To my nose they are similar but not identical. Here is a thread dating back to 2008.

Top Bottom