What's new

Great Grandpas long lost Pen

OK not really long lost, but recently found!

My mother's dad sent this pen and all the masonic stuff he had from his dad to me about 2 years ago. I put it all in a box when we moved. Going though things I found the box and here is the pen that I forgot I had.

It says Wahl Pen Gold Filled Made in Usa on the cap. Any additional info would be greatly appreciated. Please forgive the horrible cell phone pic to follow.

proxy.php

That's a nice-looking pen and probably a desirable model. It looks to be in excellent condition. The early Wahls are known for their excellent and usually flexible nibs. Can we see a close up of the nib?

If it were mine, I would probably invest the $30 or so to have it professionally restored. At a minimum, it will need a new ink sac.

That's a nice-looking pen and probably a desirable model. It looks to be in excellent condition. The early Wahls are known for their excellent and usually flexible nibs. Can we see a close up of the nib?

If it were mine, I would probably invest the $30 or so to have it professionally restored. At a minimum, it will need a new ink sac.

I will try to get a picture of it tomorrow with my better camera. It is gold in color and says Wahl 5 on it. Who would be a good person to send it to? I would love to be able to write with it.

I sent some pens to Danny Fudge at the Write Pen. Very satisfied. He also swapped a nib for a flex nib in an Eversharp, which is a sneaky way to get a nice flexible vintage nib.

I sent some pens to Danny Fudge at the Write Pen. Very satisfied. He also swapped a nib for a flex nib in an Eversharp, which is a sneaky way to get a nice flexible vintage nib.
Agreed. Danny Fudge is my first choice for general fountain pen repairs. He's fast, inexpensive, and does good work.

The Write Pen

Thanks for the info, have the order form printed out, just need to take it to the post office.

Does anyone know model, year, ect? I'm just wanting to get as much info about the pen as I can.

Thanks for the info, have the order form printed out, just need to take it to the post office.

Does anyone know model, year, ect? I'm just wanting to get as much info about the pen as I can.

Definitely follow Danny's advice about wrapping the pen in bubble wrap or paper towels, then putting the pen in a PVC tube for shipping.

Nice pen, and I hope you enjoy using it. Wonderful to be able to use a relative's old pen.

-Andy

Definitely follow Danny's advice about wrapping the pen in bubble wrap or paper towels, then putting the pen in a PVC tube for shipping.

Nice pen, and I hope you enjoy using it. Wonderful to be able to use a relative's old pen.

-Andy

+1 I used bubble wrap and an old toothbrush holder to send it in.

Top Bottom