Edit: The List:

Jefhunter - B.C.
Doc4 - B.C.
Roderick - Alta
SCMorris - Alta
Purplemonkey - BC
Rider4life - Ont
Syngent - Ont

If you want to be added to The List for the Canadian Tour, it's not too late. Pipe up and we can add you. (The general plan is for the box to gradually make its way eastward. So unless we get more B.C. interest in the next little while, I expect I'll be sending the box on to Roderick fairly soon.)

So, apparently the Travelling Ink Box is wending its way north of the 49th ... up to the Great White North!

Any Canadian members interested in participating please post a statement of interest in this thread, and state your Province of Residence (to co-ordinate efficient shipping).

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
$canadian-flag-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif

#2 has got your back.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
The "list" as I have it now ... with the box working its way eastward. I can add in new names if and when other guys pipe up ... keeping the 'west to east' theme going.

Jefhunter - B.C.
Doc4 - B.C.
Roderick - Alta
Syngent - Ont
Rider4life - Ont

Hey Folks-

I have this box currently and am trying to get it underway to the Northern lands. As I'm no expert in the ways of getting packages of this type across borders, does anyone have any tips as far as VAT/Customs? Would this fly if I put "Samples, No Value" or do I need to declare a full value here and choke down a sizeable vat. I'd hate to shoulder jefhunter with that -- but there seems to be no good options.

Any help is appreciated.

You can mark the "Gift" box on the customs form. Then write ink samples in the contents line and a value of $20. It's not trying to screw the government out of taxes. These are mostly, in not all, used inks, and they're travelling around to benefit a mutual hobby. There's not enough space on the form to explain all that, however. New ink has a well-defined value. "Used" ink bottles and samples, on the other hand, have much less value.

Anybody else have thoughts on this?

-Andy

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
You can mark the "Gift" box on the customs form. Then write ink samples in the contents line and a value of $20. It's not trying to screw the government out of taxes. These are mostly, in not all, used inks, and they're travelling around to benefit a mutual hobby. There's not enough space on the form to explain all that, however. New ink has a well-defined value. "Used" ink bottles and samples, on the other hand, have much less value.

Anybody else have thoughts on this?

-Andy

No idea what to do sending stuff north, but that sounds about right for sending it south ... "gift" ... "used" ... "$20" ...

No idea what to do sending stuff north, but that sounds about right for sending it south ... "gift" ... "used" ... "$20" ...

I've sent a number of pens and things to Canukstan, and this always worked out fine for gifts, low-value, and used items. High dollar pens I've sold get the actual value reported.

-Andy

Hey Folks-

I apologize for the delay in getting this en-route. It is now on its way to jefhunter in B.C.. i have repacked it in a new box for the trip, cleaned up some of the leaking contents, and augmented a good bit of the bubblewrap. It took a bit of postal education and a small mortgage to get it up there (no lie -- $46.00 -- it was over 7lbs!) but I'm happy its on the way. I trust you all will enjoy it. I took 2 samples and left a mostly full bottle of J.Herbin Eclat de Saphir.

Enjoy folks!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I thought you were in BC Ian-not the Northwest Territories. Is there much to do up there? :lol:

I got tired of living in an igloo, so I hitched up my dogsled and mushed down to the wilds of northern British Columbia and upgraded to a log cabin.

proxy.php

Top Bottom