What's new

Gillette silver blues

Have been on abit of a blade testing kick lately which came to an abrupt end this morning.
gillette silver blues are my blade-perfect.
though I do like to nit pick so here it goes, the packaging isn't perfect in my books and they went abit overboard on the grease/glue stuff that holds the wax paper but seriously ugh I'm in love, I'll have to get a few more shaves befor judging longevity though

Im very impressed, I've known blades to become excellent after a shave or 2 but these guys just work staring out of the pack, my hopes might be abit high however

I shave daily and use a blade a week and that was with derbys.. These guys will stay sharp for 8 years

The Gillette Silver Blue is an outstanding blade that is every bit the equal of if not superior to my usual favorite, the Personna Super.

I just shaved the past seven straight days with a GSB in my go-to Schick Krona, and couldn't have ordered a more comfortable shave combination.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
GSBs are fantastic blades and right up among my favorites. I shaved with one, today--second shave with it, and I really could have stopped after one pass and been in fine shape. With two, it was BBS/DFS city.

Good find. They are one of only three blades I use, and in the top slot whenever I am going for the perfect shave.

I love GSBs. After lots of trial and error it came down to them and Astra SPs. Got a deal on the Astras, but once through them I'm going big on GSB.

I just tried these for the first time; they came as a PIF included with a razor I bought and I just got around to opening them.

A very comfortable shave! These might have just knocked Feather off the top perch in my den. The first blade was more consistent throughout the 7 days, and was still sharp enough that I didn't get any tugging. In comparison, I find that the Feathers are razor sharp for the first couple shaves, and then the decline, and I end up getting some tugging by shave 4 or 5.

I'm going to compare the next GSB to a Voshkod and see the difference. I'm certainly impressed enough that I'll be ordering 100 or more in between restraints.

Last edited:
I like to try different blades, but when I need to "reset" I always go back to the GSBs, which are my reference. If not for the 7 O'Clock Blues I would have nothing else that I consider its equal.

Top Bottom