What's new

Gillette Slim Adjustable vs. Black Handle Slim Adjustable

Any preferences? I bought an older Slim for my father and just received a black handled one, code O3, so from the first year they were produced(I think). Anyone have distinct preferences for one over the other? I haven't tried it yet, but I know the older slim has very good reviews. Is the black handle comparable?

The black handled is a super adjustable. They made different types of these. If it has a black handle, than its either a long or short handled. I have a long handled super and it my favorite razor. Gives me the best shave with zero irritation set on 5. I have sensitive skin to boot. Personally, I never liked the slim adjustable. Fatboys arent bad. I would recomend using the super adjustable.

Ok, I'm pretty sure that's what I have. Fairly long handle, maybe just over four inches? It doesn't fit standing up in my medicine cabinet.

Sounds like youve got the long handle. Its got an inch or so on the slim.

I personally think this is the most understated and under rated razor out there. I'd like to keep it that way. I need to buy enough to last me a life time.

I see them on eBay a lot, but I got this one for a good price. Most of the black is still on the numbers, handle is in excellent condition, noting missing on the head, mechanically works perfectly.

My black handled one shaves better than my slim, and I can't think of any particular quality or behavior that makes me say that. The black one has much sentimental value, but the shave is better and I really can't pinpoint why.

This is interesting.

I first tried the FatBoy, then the regular Slim, and found the Slim superior. It's currently my favorite, and I've just bought a few more. I think it's the head geometry that makes the difference between these two: the Slim has a flatter head, enabling a better (shallower) blade angle.

So it sounds like I might need to try the black-handled Slim? Anyone know why it might be better?

Anyone want to give me one? :wink:

Top Bottom