What's new

What Razor Is On Your " Want To Try" list?

As the title says. What do you really want to try?
My first razor was a Merkur 23c. Then I started to acquire different razors. Old type, Tech, TTO, Adjustable, Single edge, shavette, straight, etc.
Just so I can put a damper on the AD's. I'm trying decide what I would really like to try before making another impulse purchase.
I like the looks of the Slants. The thing is. Do I want it because I think they just look plain Cool or the hype about how they shave. So far I have 14 razors that I feel pretty well covers the aggressiveness range. I have discovered that I like the upper end of the range. (Red tip and the MMOC)
Should I quit chasing my tail and enjoy what have?

I may have tried too many razors, by now, as I don't have any razor that I want to try, any longer. I am quite content with the principal one I use and a few others to accompany it.
Good luck in your journey!

If you haven't tried a slant yet, I would say it's worth a shot.

I prefer more mild shavers myself. I would love to acquire a Gillette Tiffany Sterling, or one of the Sterling New Improved sets.

Not a DE, but I'm also on the hunt for a Schick Type O injector.

A slant. I've never tried one but have wanted to. I bought a Hoffritz from the bay, but one of the guard bars were broken when I got it. So I got a refund for it. I'll try a slant of some form eventually.

I have a few straights that I'd like to try. Only problem is that I need to get them honed. Right now I have too many things going on to send them out. Other than that I'd like to try out a Fatboy. I would recommend you try an injector.

I have a few straights that I'd like to try. Only problem is that I need to get them honed. Right now I have too many things going on to send them out. Other than that I'd like to try out a Fatboy. I would recommend you try an injector.
I passed on a very nice cased Schick set a couple weeks ago while searching antique stores. I didn't want to go off in another direction RAD. Should have bought it for trading stock. Price was right.

I'm pretty satisfied with what I have but the wish list would be:
Barbasol floating head
Darwin
Ikon slant
And lastly a medium/aggressive SE

It funny I have no desire to own any of the above but I guess I'm just DE curious.

I'm curious about trying an open comb... been looking at the Merkur 1904, since it is regarded as a mild open comb. Also looking at vintage Gillette, but there are so many variations!

Top Bottom