What's new

Kingsday 2015 with the Fujinon XF 27mm

This morning I took my brand new Fuji X-Pro1 out, with the 2.8/27mm prime attached. A challenging focal length in my opinion (equiv. with 41mm on 35mm film), because of the "ordinary" FOV. No subject isolation or playing with wide angle perspective.

My daughters performed with a local concert band, so that was the main goal of my visit. But it was also a nice opportunity for getting to know my new camera. I already learned that I should trust the in-camera histogram rather than the LCD :001_cool:

First of all, the concert band :)

and here are some impressions of this morning:

Last edited:
Looks like you are having fun with that camera!

One question ( unrelated to the camera). So people there actually wear wooden shoes? I've never traveled to the Netherlands. I kind of just assumed it was a thing that tourists did

One question ( unrelated to the camera). So people there actually wear wooden shoes? I've never traveled to the Netherlands. I kind of just assumed it was a thing that tourists did

You don't often see people in the street on wooden shoes anymore nowadays, but they are still often used for gardening.

Legion

Staff member
Nice. I was thinking of picking up one of those 27mm, but ended up buying a x100s instead. :001_rolle Yeah, why buy a lens for your camera when you can buy a whole new camera.

They do have a great size advantage compared to the 35mm, which I usually use now.

Great pictures there, reminds me of my younger days, in Roermond and Venlo.

The Fuji X range are wonderful tools right? My best friend has the XT-1 with a big selection of lens and I have the 100s. Both are excellent.

Great pictures there, reminds me of my younger days, in Roermond and Venlo.

The Fuji X range are wonderful tools right? My best friend has the XT-1 with a big selection of lens and I have the 100s. Both are excellent.
I only have the 18mm and 27mm lenses. But I do have a small collection of M42 lenses, and I intend to buy an adapter, so that I can use these on the X.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Lovely scenes from the Netherlands. We have been treated with a lot of news coverage from the Netherlands this week on the anniversary of the liberation from Nazi occupation. The scenes with our vets who are in their 90's by now were very touching. I admit I had tears in my eyes at several points.

Top Bottom