What's new

Crown Royal Regal Apple AMAZING!

This one, for me, was exactly what I was after for and wow it's a goodie. The magic really happens when you mix it with sprite. It seriously taste like Jolly Ranchers. For those who tried it, what you guys think?

proxy.php

proxy.php

I don't believe I would ever put this in my cart. A description of jolly ranchers isn't very helpful either. Glad you're enjoying it though.

In it for the apple!

I don't have much experience with apple flavoured spirits, so I welcome any alternative suggestions.

I'm not a big fan of Cadanaian Wiskey, but a small glass of Crown Royal Maple on the rocks was enough to swear off flavored wiskey for life. It was quite possibly sweeter than actual maple syrup.

Those types of whiskies are generally not for me, but I am glad that you are enjoying it so much. Keep drinking what you like, and liking what you drink.

If there is one thing that makes B&B such a special place, it is that someone can express their love of a product and not be shouted down as if they haven't any sense and can't possibly know what they are talking about. That characteristic is sorely lacking in many of the comments that I have read here.

Those types of whiskies are generally not for me, but I am glad that you are enjoying it so much. Keep drinking what you like, and liking what you drink.

If there is one thing that makes B&B such a special place, it is that someone can express their love of a product and not be shouted down as if they haven't any sense and can't possibly know what they are talking about. That characteristic is sorely lacking in many of the comments that I have read here.
+1, well said. Alcohol is for enjoying, not cool points.

I feel bad for you OP

I might not know all there is when it comes down to high grade whiskeys, but I will say that I am with fragrances. I don't go around saying "I feel bad" for someone who say they wear bleu de chanel, acqua di gio or your typical generic designer fragrance. Instead of being a jackass, why not give suggestions and guide others to something better.

My favorite straight whiskey at the moment is Gentlemen Jack, but I'm open to other suggestions to try out.

My typical choice of flavored drinks are Honey and Apple.

Last edited:

I might not know all there is when it comes down to high grade whiskeys, but I will say that I am with fragrances. I don't go around saying "I feel bad" for someone who say they wear bleu de chanel, acqua di gio or your typical generic designer fragrance. Instead of being a jackass, why not give suggestions and guide others to something better.

Well said, Gentlemen. And I'll leave it at that.

. . .

My favorite straight whiskey at the moment is Gentlemen Jack, but I'm open to other suggestions to try out.

. . .

Though I like Gentleman Jack a lot, I prefer the Jack Daniels Single Barrel Select by a small margin.

Owing to the costs of "fancy" whiskies, of which I have received a few as gifts, I will suggest some of the more mainstream ones:
1. Johnnie Walker 12 yr Black Label (blended) - this is a great whisky
2. Aberlour 12 yr old Double Cask (single malt)
3. Balvenie 12 yr old Doublewood (single malt) - a tad pricier
4. Glenfiddich 12 yr (single malt) - I enjoyed this one more than I did their 15 yr old
5. Dalmore 12 yr old (single malt) - I've heard really good things about this one but haven't any personal experience with it
6. Glenmorangie 12 yr old Quinta Ruban Port Cask finish (single malt)
7. Jack Daniel's Single Barrel Select
8. Talisker 10 yr old (single malt) - this is a great introduction to peat whiskies

If you can find it, try the Macallan 12 yr old sherry finish or the Macallan 10 yr old oak finish.

And for bourbons, I highly recommend Woodford Reserve.

I've tried quite a few and these are the ones I recommend trying out. There are a whole lot that just aren't worth the hype or their price. There are also a lot of good ones I have yet to try.

I don't think he was asking people's opinion of his drink as to what it says about him. He was asking if others had tried his drink, and what they thought of the drink themselves.

Exactly. See below.

This one, for me, was exactly what I was after for and wow it's a goodie. The magic really happens when you mix it with sprite. It seriously taste like Jolly Ranchers. For those who tried it, what you guys think?

A few rude posts and the replies to them have been removed from this thread. Carry on lads!....

I'm a big fan of whiskey, bourbon, and rye and a big fan of this one as well. It was actually my SWMBO who discovered this and suggested I tried it. I was very pleased. OP - try mixing it with ginger ale. IMO it's a nicer mix than the sprite but YMMV :). Enjoy!

Top Bottom