What's new

Grow A Little Faster Beard

I love DE shaving so much that I wish I could do it several times a day.

Just the whole ritual of the pre shave prep and the process is totally fun for me and I know for many others here, otherwise why would we do it in the first place??

Usually I shave at night and do not have a job that requires daily shaving so I can do it whenever i want to and take my time doing it.

A BBS shave is usually what I want and usually I obtain it with no serious irritation nor discomfort....

HOWEVER, since I shave so close, I have to wait for at least 36 hrs. to 2 days before my next shave as my skin needs to recover, and the next shave is way better that way.

This part of it bugs me, the waiting and all that. Too bad they don't have a pill to completely SPEED UP our beard growth so as to give us LOTS of hair to shave maybe 5 times a day.... I would love that. It would be a lot of fun.!!! LOL

Do many other members here have these same thoughts??? Are their any therapy groups or pills that can help me out with this disorder... I'd really like to know.... is there a cure for all this? all replies much welcomed!!!!

I wouldn't mind shaving twice a day, but I don't think my skin would handle it. I've been shaving daily for a while, and I can usually get a BBS with 24 hours of growth and minimal irritation, sometimes a weeper or two. And if I do, the irritation is usually gone within an hour or two at most.

I know what you mean. When I first started DE shaving and was working through my blade sampler pack, I shaved twice a day in order to gain more data on which blades worked best for me.

I love that idea: "Beard growth speed up pills." I suspect it would be a rather limited demand for that.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
It sounds more like you have an issue with your skin that your beard. You could try just going with a single pass (WTG or ATG), twice each day. It's easier on your face, and you still get to go through all the fun.

I've done a number of evening, one-pass shaves that way just to refresh for the evening and a couple of "you know, that's pretty darn good enough" one-pass shaves in the morning to save my face a bit.

Of course, there's nothing wrong with just lathering up your face and scraping it off with a chopstick. It's almost as good. Don't ask me how I know.

Of course, there's nothing wrong with just lathering up your face and scraping it off with a chopstick. It's almost as good. Don't ask me how I know.

Or you could... yaknow...just use one of your DE razors and take the blade out?

Or you could do a 1-pass WTG shave in the morning and a 2-pass WTG+ATG/XTG in the evening :001_smile

EDIT: Well, that's embarrassing. I shoul've read what TexLaw wrote before posting !

Last edited:
You know... the shaving every day with just one pass is actually not a bad idea.

I will try that out for a few shaves.... thanks for the advice!

Top Bottom