What's new

When you first registered for B&B did you think everyone was INSANE.

with the amount of shaving gear, soaps, aftershaves and everything else shaving that they own.

I sure did. Now I'm right there with them. lol

Nope! I thought that I had finally found others like myself!
$image.jpg

It made sense to me.

I think I've been collecting various things for too long and have gotten used to the concept. Albums, books, games, movies etc.

It's comforting to realize others share my affliction, and some even have it worse than I. When I started, however, I didn't know I had the disorder. The seemingly innocent foray into "saving money on shaving" quickly turns into "at least I'm not as bad as that guy." It's a lot cheaper than collecting railroad-grade pocket watches. Or classic cars. Or wives. My wife is perplexed, but knows it could be worse...

Good company
We have to be crazy
We like collecting items with the sole intention of holding other sharp objects to our face and neck
and the winner is the one who can move it the most without getting cut

Then we can't wait to do it again....

Yes, we are nuts.

Yes. I owned two twenty five dollar razors, one three dollar soap, one nine dollar brush, an oversized mug and a gan of goo. I was hammered by multiple AD infections, and now I'm a little insane too.

Good company
We have to be crazy
We like collecting items with the sole intention of holding other sharp objects to our face and neck
and the winner is the one who can move it the most without getting cut

Then we can't wait to do it again....

Yes, we are nuts.

:lol: Hard to argue with this logic.

When I joined, I thought that there were a lot of people who were lets. say obsessed.

I was looking to emulate my 1970's shave experience with one razor, one shave cream and one type of blade. Then I figured out that I could save money by buying hard, long-lasting soap such as Tabac and Mitchell's Wool Fat.

I was hooked from the start, once I saw how low-cost it was...compared to camera gear, that is...or golf clubs....or shell cordovan shoes

I was once given this very apt advice: "If everyone around you is wrong, there's a good chance it's you."

Replace "wrong" with "insane" and, well, you get the idea. :)

I new I was home when I first found B&B. I fit in quite well here. When I see some of the massive collections others have, I show my wife and tell her my addiction to de shaving could be worse while I think to myself whole time I'm just getting started.

I first thought everyone here was so silly. I had been shaving with the same DE for over 40 years. I had a mug my dad gave me when I was a teenager, a mixed badger brush that I had bought in the 70s and an endless supply of Williams @ $0.89 a puck. "It's only shaving man!"

Now, all of a sudden I had to have a display cabinet built for my "collection."

I still don't know what happened.

Oh no I did not think any one here was nuts. I thought How nice it would be If i could invite every one for a nice barbecue.

When I first joined I didn't think everyone was insane - I thought isn't it nice to meet people who like me are "into" traditional shaving. Having been around that bit longer now, I am beginning to wonder lol. What's more disconcerting is that I am beginning to buy into the madness and enjoying every minute :w00t:

Top Bottom