What's new

Morrison & Forndran purchase question

Yes, there is a way for them to be shipped to the USA. As far as I know, Lee ships worldwide. I live in America and have had them shipped to my home.

Good luck. Be persistent but not annoying (I would only write every few weeks). Other advise: be concise and be open to what he has readily available.

These are typical comments about this guy. Why does anyone bother when there are so many good brushes to be had from vendors who appreciate their customers? I like to do business with people who are customer service focused.

I don't think Lee is necessarily "raking it in" on these orders. I suppose I don't really know, but I imagine him as a mostly retired brush maker who still enjoy the hobby of selling some personal orders. In reality, he is probably a suave 30 year old businessman and entreprenuer who is cashing in big time on these personal orders! Regardless, he makes a fine product, and if I have to go out of my way to order one and demonstrate some patience, it is worthwhile.

I don't think Lee is necessarily "raking it in" on these orders. I suppose I don't really know, but I imagine him as a mostly retired brush maker who still enjoy the hobby of selling some personal orders. In reality, he is probably a suave 30 year old businessman and entreprenuer who is cashing in big time on these personal orders! Regardless, he makes a fine product, and if I have to go out of my way to order one and demonstrate some patience, it is worthwhile.

If public records are correct, Mr Sabini might appreciate a black beauty with a T date code.

I've tried on and off to get a brush. He responded once to my request for a tortoise Chief. He said he didn't have it in tortoise, but he did have it in ivory. I politely declined and asked what he had in a 1/2. That was the end of the conversation as I never heard back from him. I've emailed about brushes a couple of different times, but I've never heard anything more from him. By all accounts his brushes are superb, but his manners are lacking. It is one thing if you do not respond to all emails because you are inundated with orders. It is quite another to simply cut off correspondence on a whim.

These are typical comments about this guy. Why does anyone bother when there are so many good brushes to be had from vendors who appreciate their customers? I like to do business with people who are customer service focused.

+100. What is this site all about if someone who randomly/rarely returns emails is so revered? Yeah I want to walk on eggshells whenever I do business with a vendor (not)... He sounds like the Seinfeld soup guy "No brush for you!". Maybe he/she knows any publicity is good publicity. Plenty of other brush makers to choose from...

You have to keep an open mind when ordering. Check out the large thread and see what some of his recent brushes sold were and if any strike your fancy. Pick a few and be broad about your acceptable handle and knot preferences. He does seem to be lacking a lot these days and is probably spending more time focusing on making knots for Paladin shave brushes and what little (if any) involvement he still has with Rooney than we expect.

What is this site all about if someone who randomly/rarely returns emails is so revered?
My M&F blonde is my favorite brush but I don't revere Lee and I never had communication issues when I ordered. However I've had mine for several years now and things sound like they have changed. Like anything else on this site, if an option doesn't work for you then move on to what does.

My M&F blonde is my favorite brush but I don't revere Lee and I never had communication issues when I ordered. However I've had mine for several years now and things sound like they have changed. Like anything else on this site, if an option doesn't work for you then move on to what does.

I hear you. Was feeling a little bad about my earlier post actually and almost edited it saying something to the effect that probably the reason people keep buying M&F brushes regardless of customer service (or coming back to the deli with Seinfeld's soup guy analogy) is because his brushes (soups) are so amazing... (People who aren't Seinfeld fans probably have no idea what I'm talking about right now...).

Shavemac offers a great customization program, which I would highly recommend to those frustrated with doing the Lee Shuffle. However, there is simply no other brush like a M&F and relatively speaking his prices are very affordable.

One question you have to answer for yourself, prior to getting an M&F brush: Do I like incredibly dense, scrubby (in a good way, not meaning scritch), firm backbone brushes? If the answer is yes, proceed with ordering. If you are more of a softer, luxurious, 3-band silvertip kind of person, you might be disappointed. YMMV of course.

Top Bottom