What's new

Gillette "New" OC Razor! Your Thoughts?

Hi,
Just picked this up! I've been bit pretty hard on these razors lately!

Wondering how you guys view this razor over all? Thoughts???

Attachments

• $qq3.jpg
    $qq3.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 149
  • $qq2.jpg
    $qq2.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 148
  • $qq1.jpg
    $qq1.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 148
That's a nice SC NEW. IMO it's slightly milder than other NEWs, like the LC for example, but it's a very nice shaver.

Congrats.

Everyone should have a NEW in their group. Mine are all long comb, so I can't speak to the short comb shave, but I can say I use the NEW's frequently.

Hi,
Yes, I think you are right it's a long comb?

Does the long comb feel better against your face???

Edgar would know best but I believe an easy way to tell, if the Gillette logo is in the center it is a short comb if it is on the side it is a long comb.

Hi,
Here's one on Shaving Den that a gentleman nickle plated!!!

Attachments

• $new_plated0a.jpg
    $new_plated0a.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
I think the New SC is the finest 3 piece razor made. It is mild yet very efficient. I used mine for 60 straight days when I first got it and soon had 2 pass BBS shaves every time. It is still my go to razor when I shave. I've used it for head shaving and it does a great job with 3 or more days of stubble. You just might love that razor!

I think the New SC is the finest 3 piece razor made. It is mild yet very efficient. I used mine for 60 straight days when I first got it and soon had 2 pass BBS shaves every time. It is still my go to razor when I shave. I've used it for head shaving and it does a great job with 3 or more days of stubble. You just might love that razor!

Hi,
Wow! Bold words! Thanks!

With your endorsement and Jay thinking it worthy of a replate,I can't wait to try this model out!!!

I tried a NEW long comb razor recently and liked it so much that I sent it off to be sandblasted. There was one listed on eBay in that kind of finish and it looked really nice. I contacted the seller and he offered to sandblast mine so I sent it to him.

I tried a NEW long comb razor recently and liked it so much that I sent it off to be sandblasted. There was one listed on eBay in that kind of finish and it looked really nice. I contacted the seller and he offered to sandblast mine so I sent it to him.
Hi,
Any pics???

I have a sand/bead blaster!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
It's mild, like any Gillette, if on the aggressive side for a Gillette. However, as mentioned, it's very efficient. I can do a two pass DFS/BBS with minimal touchups or buffing, if any at all.

Top Bottom