What's new

Big Fellow Chromium #20 - Now we know your name!

Well, I like RFB NEWs as much as the next guy, but only a colossal idiot would drop that much cash on a razor that is really just a milder version of the US-made Big Boy NEW Deluxe. Of course, he is welcome to waste his money on whatever he wants. You know what they say: "your cash, your call." Of course, they also say: "there is a sucker born every minute."

Oh, wait, I'm the "colossal idiot" who bought the #20.:blushing:

Never mind. :whistling::001_rolle

Congrats, Ed! That is a great score.

Ed,

I was looking at this one, also, and I'm glad it was rescued by someone who will appreciate it. Very interesting set. I don't remember but did the seller indicate the weight of the razor for comparison to the US one?

There is no weight in the listing, but I'll bet its in the 80-85 gram range. I'll weigh it when it comes in ...

Congratulations Ed :thumbup1: I had my fingers crossed for you with this.
The weight of my razor is 84g.

Thanks, Brian and everyone else, for the kind words. And thanks for posting the weight. The RFB head is a tiny bit lighter than the NEW Deluxe head, so it makes sense that this razor would weigh 1 gram less than its US cousin, the NEW Deluxe Big Boy.

FWIW, I think the seller was pretty happy with the final selling price! I have never paid anywhere near that much for a razor before, so I'm still kinda reeling, but the #20 is a very rare bird.

Ed, how much does the razor weight and how does it shave comparing to #81 and #77/88 razors?

Last edited:
I wonder how many other number sets there are? $Screenshot_2015-06-11-19-26-40.jpg

"We" don't call him that...I'm aware sir you do and it seems to have become a very popular thing to do. I can tell the difference between New and New Improved, as could most, as the latter has the word "Improved" after it. I prefer Gillette's designation, that's all and I wish the all caps would stop being a thing. It's not personal. Like your work otherwise :)

to write it in big letter as NEW is a term of us to see quick the different of New Improved from the 20s or NEW from the 30s. The chromium Big Fellow is clear from the 30s, so we call him NEW.

Last edited:
Top Bottom