What's new

Ink Review: Pilot Blue-Black (IC-100)

This is my first review. I am certain that this is a common ink, with which many of you have experience.

$Pilot Blue Black.jpg

I have edited this post to include a scan instead of a photograph of the page. In person the ink appears lighter on the page than I see here.

Last edited:
One of my favorite inks. I actually think it's the perfect blend of blue and black...though it may not be as dark as vintage blue-blacks it's a good neutral color. And pleasing. Not as much character as the Iroshizuku Shin Kai, but more character than normal Pilot Blue.

The ink is fairly color fast, even when exposed to water droplets. The color did feather a bit, but it remains legible.

$IMG_20150426_192723.jpg

I have edited the first entry to this review, changing to a scan of the page instead of a photograph. Hopefully this will provide a higher quality image and more helpful demonstration of the ink.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Looks good, I think I'll have to pick up a bottle of this ink. Thanks for the review!

Thanks for sharing. My experience with Pilot Black has been positive and I have thought of picking up the blue black as well.

I've used this ink in carts for awhile in my Pilot VP. In his pen I've found it easier to use the box of carts that came with it so I don't have to fill it sometimes twice a day when I'm taking lots of notes.

Top Bottom