What's new

Son accepted to U.C.Davis & more!

He also passed his driving test yesterday! He wanted to wait till he was legit and do iit when he was 18. We also received word of his letter of acceptance from U.C. Davis. He's hoping to hear back from U.C. Berkeley. This kid has done it without any input from us and found the horsepower within to push himself higher & farther than anything I could have dreamed of. He's got a full ride at Davis but wants to take language at Berkeley. Eventually teach over in Japan. Kid is SOOOOO laid back while for the most part is heavily into games. I can live with that as that's better then running the streets. Graduated early from high school as he said "everyone is lame and they aren't teaching anything". We had a talk with him and told him if he did this he'd have to go to college even if it was JC. He agreed, left high school and did MUCH better scholastically due to the "maturity" one typically finds in that environment. I also think a bigger motivation was his cousins who are slightly older than him one graduated Davis and the other younger one is getting his bachelor's degree soon had a lot to do with it. They were tight growing up. Proud of him.
A BIG PHEEEEW! Didnt know how this was going to turn out all those years ago.:001_huh:
One more girl(7) to go and she's wonderful.That's all a dad could ask for.
Now tell me about those frat parties?.....help.:biggrin1:

A big congratulations!!

As a 5th grade teacher I know the joy of seeing them become successful young adults - a very exciting thing indeed!
I wish him - and you - all the best for the future!

Congratulations to your son. A young female friend of mine applied to Davis and Berkley; she was accepted to a PhD program at Berkley (her preference) and that's where she's going to study some area of biology.

Last edited:
Congrats, Brandon. Your son sounds like a very bright kid who was too mature for high school and bored there. Plenty of intellect and drive. A full ride is not just handed out like popcorn.

I also have one (#3) headed to college this fall. He got his first choice (Washington & Lee University in Lexington, VA), so he is ecstatic.

Thanks guys!!
BSA... He's certainly deserves all the credit. He nosed dived in 7th-8th grade probably hormones and did ok in 9th-10th. But aced 11th and finished part of 12 in the top 1% in school. He was just reving up I guess. Lol. The kid is just chilling, barely gets excited over anything and is the very quiet type. He's a lot smarter than me that's fer sure.
Congrats to your #3 going. Exciting times these are!

That's what my daughter wants to do and she's only seven. Lol. She want to study the ocean. I said besides looking for sand crabs? She's good at that. Small steps right?..

Oceanography might a good field right now especially with all the ecological issues.

That's true. It's really like studying another "planet" as we know so little about it compared to land side. Might "suggest" that. What kid at that age ask "what should I be when I grow up?".....I queried that EXACT same question while on a train ride from Singapore to myself.. Deja vu. Time to move to the ocean.

Thanks Ollie. Thanks August.
Yes he does have a good head on his shoulder when he's not LAZY. Lol. His room is STILL a mess according to his mom.:biggrin1:
Some things won't ever change...sigh.

Congrats to your son. We're going through it at our house with our oldest, with #2 following closely on his heels.

Congratulations. I'm a Cal grad ('79), but your son will get a great education at either school! Our town had two high schools at the time I graduated, and both valedictorians chose to attend U.C. Davis.

Congrats! I can't imagine the pride you must feel as a father. Beware of big schools, they aren't for everyone. Most classes are huge and the experience can be impersonal. On the plus there is a lot happening all the time. As mentioned your son will get a great education at either one.

Top Bottom