What's new

Saw this in the wild today. Buy?

$image.jpg

I found this picture in B&B Wiki. But I saw one just like it today. It had the box, but no blades. Price was $64. How can I tell if it's in good working order? Price is high for my budget, but if its a good find I might spring for it. Just don't want to make a mistake for that much money. Any thoughts?

As already mentioned in your other ''stuff in the "WILD'' thread, the TOU don't allow appraisals, discussions on pricing,etc ...

It's all about the condition. You can consult recently sold eBay listings and old BST posts here on B&B.

That's a Rocket HD, that particular set is the #59. It's a very nice shaver, and usually the TTOs made in England are more expensive than razors made in the US.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry! I didn't see the info about pricing, appraisals. It makes sense. I will avoid those questions in the future. Thanks. The condition seems quite good to my inexperienced eyes. I have a razor grade description sheet that I found somewhere on B&B, but it's not with me on this trip. Do you know of any common issues with these particular razors that I should look out for? Thanks again for the courteous reminder of something I should have seen earlier. Such gentlemanly exchanges are a big part of what makes this site such a pleasure to use.

No worries. :thumbup1:

These are well built razors, and usually they are as good as new. If the razor opens and closes as it should, you have nothing to worry about. Of course, check for bent safety bars or any other obvious flaws.

If there's plating loss, that's not really important (IMO), these are made of brass, and it'll still be perfectly serviceable. Also, you can always have it replated.

Top Bottom