What's new

My DE89 is DE-AD!

My Edwin Jagger DE89 took a fall from my razor stand yesterday while I was cleaning up, hit the countertop just the right (or wrong) way, and broke... The head snapped completely off, leaving the piece of the top cap that threads into the handle stuck in the handle.

In short...

$tumblr_mbqcnvs08p1ren9jno1_500.jpg

I did manage to get the little broken piece unthreaded from the handle, so that at least will be usable. It will fit on my late model English Gillette Tech... But my DE89 is no more. It sleeps with the fishes.

Last edited:
You can purchase the top cap separately. It might be a little cheaper than getting a completely new razor.

Captain James T. Kirk: [standing over a dead Tellarite] How was he killed?
McCoy: His neck was broken... by an expert.
Captain James T. Kirk: Explain.
McCoy: Well, from the nature and location of the break, I'd say the killer knew exactly where to apply pressure to snap the neck instantly.
Captain James T. Kirk: Who aboard would have that knowledge?
Spock: Vulcans. On Vulcan the method is called Tal-Shaya. It was considered a merciful form of execution in ancient times.

Sorry for your loss. Now you have an excuse/reason to go get a new/better razor and throw in a brush/soap/aftershave to get free shipping...

Captain James T. Kirk: [standing over a dead Tellarite] How was he killed?
McCoy: His neck was broken... by an expert.
Captain James T. Kirk: Explain.
McCoy: Well, from the nature and location of the break, I'd say the killer knew exactly where to apply pressure to snap the neck instantly.
Captain James T. Kirk: Who aboard would have that knowledge?
Spock: Vulcans. On Vulcan the method is called Tal-Shaya. It was considered a merciful form of execution in ancient times.

Sorry for your loss. Now you have an excuse/reason to go get a new/better razor and throw in a brush/soap/aftershave to get free shipping...

This is epic!:laugh: I love that chapter, Mark Lenard was one of my favorite actors ever!

I dropped my tech from the counter to the floor with my EJ DE89L handle attached and it experienced the same exact failure.

Top Bottom