What's new

Pork Butt

Got a pork butt smoking on the egg. 6.5 hours in. Stalling at around 160[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]°.
[/COLOR] [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]
[/COLOR]

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I was headed over but the airport security stopped me for having a puck of Gillette yellows in my carry on...dang it!!!!

......and I had a bottle of the world famous Salt Lick BBQ sauce in my hand.

Last edited:
I was headed over but the airport security stopped my for have a puck of Gillette yellows in my carry on...dang it!!!!

......and I had a bottle of the world famous Salt Lick BBQ sauce in my hand.

Mmmmm.......Salt Lick. Last time I was there I had too much fun the night before on 6th Street......and unfortunately was so hungover I couldn't eat. Need to go back and tame it down.

Looks great! I just did a ten pound shoulder for the first time, started at Three in the afternoon and it hit 200F at Seven the next morning.

I was asking myself if it was worth the time and effort (Using a 22" Weber Kettle as a smoker, so had to add coals every hour and a half or so) and then I tasted the result....short answer, oh yeah, it's worth it.

My 4 legged friend "guarding" the goodness. Or just looking for a few yummy morsels to accidentally drop to the ground.

I add some beer in the pan (some add cider or apple juice). I think the liquid adds humidity to the long smoke. Probably not really necessary in an egg (unless you open the lid to TAKE PICTURES!!! :p)

I use the pan to produce moisture while smoking. I just use straight up h2o. I was doing atkins at the time so the pork just went into my gullet as is. I usually do like it on a bun....smoked beans, and cheesy corn on the side. Best thing about it is left overs and coming up with creative dishes. Pulled pork tacos, pulled pork omelettes, pulled pork topped baked potatoes....and on.

Oh man, that looks great! I'm doing a butt for this coming Saturday and after seeing these great pictures I am even more excited than I already was! :drool:

Top Bottom