What's new

PIF: Acrylic Scale Material

I was stropping a blade recently and thinking about how glad I am that I found Badger & Blade and was introduced to straight razors. That means it's time for a PIF.

I've set up several razors with acrylic scales. It's not fancy stuff, but it's easy to work with. With some elbow grease you can get decent results.

$SDC15317.jpg

I'm looking at different materials now and would be happy to pass the surplus along to interested members. I've got five blanks: 2 black, 2 red and 1 white. In addition I'll send along small scraps of red, black, white and "ivory," with which to make a wedge. 5 winners.

$SDC15319.jpg

Who Can Enter? Anyone from hobbyists that have been selling razors here for years, to newbies setting up their first Gold Dollar. All I ask is that you have a genuine interest is using the stuff and not just looking to get something in the mail.

To Enter: Just join the list in say you're in. In addition, say which color you're interested in and order of preference. I'll pick winners about five days down the line.

Cheers-

I'm in for sure, As to colour lets say Red - white - black.
I have a 208 that I got shave ready now to try doing away with the terrible faux carbon scales!

I'm in, black would be great if I'm selected.
I've got 7 blades in need of new scales and only a few different materials on hand to work with. My first rescale was a Melchior Bros. blade with red PEX tubing and white PVC wedge and really enjoyed the whole process.
Thanks for the offer!

I'm in. I'm getting pif'ed a gold dollor that should come in the mail that I want to try honing. And I'm getting a sheffield this week from a buddy that said the scales are broke. Color choice white with red wedge, red with white or black wedge, and last but not least, black with white or red wedge. Thanks for the chance at a great pif.

Glad to hear of interest.

To clarify, I'll include 2 colors of scrap with each scale blank. Red blanks will come with ivory and black. Black scales will come with ivory and red. White blanks come with red and black.

I'm in. I have a couple of blades to rescale. Preference would be 1. Black 2.white 3.Red

Thanks for the generosity.

I am in, open to any color. I have some micarta to play with soon and starting this journey. I have a new sander and a new bandsaw, ready for some material.

Not in, but very interesting pif. I don't use a SE, but I'd love to watch someone make new scales for one someday.

I'm in, I'm not particular and will take whatever color is left. I have been making scales with wood for a while and wanted to try acrylic just to get a feel for working with it.

Very cool of you. I'm in. I've got five or six blades that need new scales, and all that I've worked with so far is wood (walnut and zebrawood specifically).

Thanks for the opportunity!

I'm in I actually have my first gold dollar moded up and was getting on here to ask about scales. My order would be white, black, red. Thanks!

I'm in for black or white. Working on a trade for a razor with a nice blade but broken scales so this would be perfect.

Top Bottom