What's new

Who's tried cigars from the Canary Islands?

I read an old article on Cigar Aficionado's website about cigars made in the Canary Islands, which are off the coast of west Africa but are part of Spain. The Montecruz brand was invented there by Cuban exiles, although they are now made in the Dominican Republic. At the time the article was written (late 1990s), the author (James Suckling) complained about the uneven quality of the cigars in production. Have any of you tried cigars made in the Canary Islands?

A week too late! I'm back a week from a Holiday in Tenerife where I saw plenty of Cigars but paid them no attention. I will remember for next year.

By a strange twist of fate, my wife is just back from Gran Canaria in the Canary Islands and brought me a Cigar from the Dominican Republic.

I did but it's been a long time. As I recall they were pretty good but after trying them from everywhere except Cuba, my preference became those from the Dominican Republic.

Like Dave I may have back in the 90's. I ordered cigars from Thompson over the phone back then and remember Canary Island cigars were a bit popular at the time.

Been there, done that. They have a reputation for being some of the mildest cigars on the planet. These days I seem to prefer some of the "strongest" cigars on the planet.

Top Bottom