What's new

How many blades do you have?

About 1500 mostly Shark Super Chrome with a small mix of Feather, and Wilkinson Sword. I planning on stocking up on Feather. 1000 would probably work.

I bought 450 feathers when I found them for $24.00 for 100. I've used about 100 or so now ,but I'm sure they can be found for the price I paid if not close to it.

I've got about 600. Mainly Rapira Platinum, Feathers, and Personna blue labs, and Astras, with a mix of other brands thrown in from sampler sets.

I do not keep a running total, and some are stocked in picked-over samplers, but this is an approximation.
80 Derby
5 Merkur
200 Shark
100 Astra SP
65 in 2 sampler packs
100 Raspira Classic in shipment
100 Pol Silver in shipment

That would appear to be 650 DE, plus some 200 twin blade Trac II compatibles.
That is enough to rotate continuously with always-sharp blades for over 10 years.
Derby was the first 100-blade purchase. They have been good middle-of-the-road blades and they serve well for the 4 to 7 days that I use each blade. I tend to try one or two of the others and then return to the Derbys.

I need to update my numbers. Today, after a big eBay sale, I went on a buying binge and loaded up on my modern favorites. I now have 500 each of Astra, Gillette 7 O'Clock Black, and Personna Med Prep.

Total is now 4017. At one blade per week, that will last me 77.42 years.

I can stop any time I want to.

Sel-deprecation aside, it's time to scale back. I'm going to sell off a bunch of blades I've accumulated. Somehow buying 400 of one brand seemed like a good idea even though I'd never tried them. You know, because the price was so good!

I have got round 500 now. More than half of them are Personna Med Preps.

The others are a mix of Astra SS, Rapiras, Treets and Perma Sharp Supers.....

I enjoy what I have and do not plan on buying anymore. I am a frugal shaver so I have around 20 years worth of blades at the rate I use them.

Good enough for me!

I have about 80. I have a little of everything, can't have the whiskers developing an immunity to just one blade you know.

I only have about 30 assorted different blades because I now shave with a straight razor. Of course still love my DE.

Roger

Close to 1,000--about 200 Feathers, 200 Derby's, 200 PermaSharp, 200 Rapira's, and 200 Astra's--the Feather's being my favorites. This situation has recently been complicated with my new-found interest in the the Excalibur Club. I now have 21 shaves on a PermaSharp. At this rate, I now have enough blades for about 80 years.

I have about 80 Personna Blue's and a mix grab bag of another 15.

I feel like I have this dept under control and haven't gone off the deep end like some of you. :)

-Joh

About 600 blades, 150 Feathers, 50 Merkur, 50 Bic, 50 Polsilver, 20 Lord, 20 each Gillette 7 o'clock blacks and green, 40 Treet SE, 50 GEM SE, 120 NOS SE blades and I'm sure I'm missing something.

Last edited:
Top Bottom