What's new

Aqua Velva Ice Blue on Hair as Hair Tonic?

Hey guys, I been using the Aqua velva ice blue on my hair for last week. I has some glycerin and my hair just feels amazing. It given shine and some hold. Do you think it is a good idea. The ingredients are very similar to clubman hair tonics.

I can imaging if it safe on the face it is safe on the scalp. Any comments on that.

I can't imagine that in the long run, the alcohol would be good for your hair. I don't know any science behind this thought, but it just seems to me like it's not a great idea.

If you have success with it, though, that's great!

I can't imagine it is any worse than regular tonic with alcohol. The alcohol evaporates in a minute. If it feels good, I wouldn't worry too much. Just monitor your hair and see how it likes it. It's just getting cut off in the long run anyhow.

I use all my aftershaves on my buzzed scalp. I add glycerin to some that do not have it, but they all feel good on the scalp.

of course, using hair tonic is great too..... I agree with Jerry-built and z blade.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I been using the Aqua velva ice blue on my hair for last week. I has some glycerin and my hair just feels amazing. It given shine and some hold. Do you think it is a good idea.
It sounds like you answered your own question! If it works for you then more power to ya! Hair tonics and aftershaves are pretty similar, and sometimes identical anyway.

Aqua velva wasn't developed as an aftershave either (originally a mouthwash, or so I've read), but it works well. If it works, keep at it. Just like the guys using eau de quinine or eau de Portugal as aftershaves. YMMV as they say

If you search B&B, you'll find several threads where gents use AV as a hair tonic. It's not going to hurt your hair. Hair Tonics have alcohol in them as well. Osage Rub is meant for the head and the face, and it has plenty of alcohol.

I've never used AV aftershave as a hair tonic, but I do use vintage AV hair Tonic. It's great!

Hey guys, I been using the Aqua velva ice blue on my hair for last week. I has some glycerin and my hair just feels amazing. It given shine and some hold. Do you think it is a good idea. The ingredients are very similar to clubman hair tonics.

I can imaging if it safe on the face it is safe on the scalp. Any comments on that.

I do the same with Vi Jon skin bracer. The menthol feels great on the scalp, and of course it smells good too. I use it while showering and usually rinse my hair afterwards. The water tends to reignite the menthol. Very cool.

Top Bottom