What's new

Smith and Wesson 627 PC

Had a momentary lapse of judgement and I just clicked the "Buy Now" button on a 627 PC. Now I need to order some extra moonclips, and an extra arbor for my moonclip tool.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Pics when it arrives!

And can you explain the "moonclip" to me? I was checking it out online, but what's that all about?

The rounds clip into a metal rim. Keeps them all together for faster reloads. The cylinder face gets cut so that the clip will fit. Can slso shoot non clipped rounds. Decent vid that can probably explain it better. http://youtu.be/rHinii-8fdQ

I also have a 610(10mm and .40) and a 625(.45acp). These guns require the moonclip because they're rimless cartidges and the clip headspaces the round on the cylinder face.

Had a momentary lapse of judgement and I just clicked the "Buy Now" button on a 627 PC. Now I need to order some extra moonclips, and an extra arbor for my moonclip tool.

You can just send it along to me and cure that "lapse"

Enjoy it, S&W still makes the best revolvers out there, short of custom jobs.

The action on this thing is sick. Can't wait to burn some powder this weekend. Didn't think I'd like the wood grips, but they're actually pretty ergonomic.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I never get tired of looking at firearms. They are all so lovely!

Do most all .357 come in 8 shots?

I've been looking around for a carry weapon and leaning toward a .38, mostly those are 5 shots

That one sure is purdy!

An 8 shot revolver is kind of an anomaly. I believe Taurus ansd S&W are the only two companies currently making thrm. Most wheel guns are 5 or 6 shots depending on the frame. Although Taurus and S&W make 7 shot revolvers too.

If you're looking for a carry revolver you can't beat a Ruger SP101. Built like a tank and will last many lifetimes.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
The action on this thing is slick. Can't wait to burn some powder this weekend. Didn't think I'd like the wood grips, but they're actually pretty ergonomic.

There...fixed it for ya.

I never get tired of looking at firearms. They are all so lovely!

Do most all .357 come in 8 shots?

6, 7, and 8 shots nowadays. Some 5 shot .357 J frames are available, but I'm not too sure I'd want to shoot many full house .357 loads in a J frame.

I've been looking around for a carry weapon and leaning toward a .38, mostly those are 5 shots

That one sure is purdy!

At about 44 oz. that one may be a bit on the heavy side for CCW.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
An 8 shot revolver is kind of an anomaly. I believe Taurus ansd S&W are the only two companies currently making thrm. Most wheel guns are 5 or 6 shots depending on the frame. Although Taurus and S&W make 7 shot revolvers too.

If you're looking for a carry revolver you can't beat a Ruger SP101. Built like a tank and will last many lifetimes.

I'll check that out thanks!

It had to go back to the mothership. Hammer was dragging on the frame and not allowing the full range of motion of the firing pin. It ignited about 2 of 60 rounds. Sent back on their dime last week....hope to have it back by Memorial Day.

Oh man, Dan-O; I'm sorry to hear that! This has not been my experience with Performance Center product at all. I know they'll fix it to your satisfaction though. I can't even imagine how they let it out of the shop, that sounds like an obvious flaw. Let us know how things go when they get her back to you.

Great looking gun. I love S&W revolvers.

+1 on that... I love my SP101. I carry it as a side arm while hunting in case of close up bear (or bad human) encounters. It's heavy for its size because it's way overbuilt, like most Rugers.

Last edited:
Oh man, Dan-O; I'm sorry to hear that! This has not been my experience with Performance Center product at all. I know they'll fix it to your satisfaction though. I can't even imagine how they let it out of the shop, that sounds like an obvious flaw. Let us know how things go when they get her back to you.

I've heard of less than stellar guns getting sent out from S&W recently. Canted barrels, timing issues, etc. I expected more from a $1200+ revolver, but you are correct, they will make it right, just wish I didn't have to send it back.

Yours is going to be a pride-fulfilling revolver now that it's issues are being fixed. Great gun, BTW. Very, very nice.....

I have a PC627-5 and absolutely love the thing.

I keep telling myself that I should get an R8 but that just seems a bit crazy.

Start buying those moon clips!!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom