What's new

Picked up a Black handle Flare Tip today

I was at an antique mall today and located four razors. One Schick Krona all plastic handle, passed on it at $10, then found a 1970 long handle Knack Razor, heavy pitting on the doors, passed on it at $12. Then I located two Schick injector razors one white handle the other an all stainless or maybe chrome plated metal handle these were $15 each, not being a fan of injectors I again passed. Then as I was about ready to leave I spotted a Black Handle Flare tip. I picked it up did a quick once over and saw it was an O 1 and in great condition. I bought it for $10 and brought it home and cleaned it up.
here are some pictures
$image.jpg
$image.jpg
$image.jpg

This is is now my third Black Handle Flare Tip.
they are good shavers and work very well for most people.

Here are some post cleanup Picts;
$image.jpg
$image.jpg
$image.jpg
$image.jpg
$image.jpg

"Nice find in the wild! I have one of these that I haven't tried yet... do they shave about the same as the silver flare tip?"

Well yes they are very similar, but some report these to be a bit smoother shaving than the regular Flare Tip.
I like the way they shave very much, but like my signature says, I like all vintage Gillettes.

Nice score and clean-up. Go back and get the Krona. It is a decent deal at $10 and you will love the shaves.

Nice score and clean-up. Go back and get the Krona. It is a decent deal at $10 and you will love the shaves.

I already have two Schick Krona and one Eversharp Krona, so I really didn't need another one.
They are nice razors and shave very well, but I find that the Gillette Knack work just a bit better for me than the Krona.
thanks
BSA!

Nice score! I got myself a tech in great condition for 6 bucks and a slim for 18. Passed on a super speed just like you purchased due it looked to have been damaged from a drop.

Nice score! I got myself a tech in great condition for 6 bucks and a slim for 18. Passed on a super speed just like you purchased due it looked to have been damaged from a drop.

Post up some pics of those razors so we all can admire them. Those are two really good shaving razors by the way.
And ROLL TIDE!!!

I just bought my son a '67 black handle. I use a '78 as my favorite... almost daily.

Yours would be a '69. Think of all the history that year represents. Plus, it cleaned up nicely. Good find!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Nice O-1 Black Handle OP. I have the exact same 1969 Super Speed. I enjoy using it over my other Super Speeds. The lighter weight works better for me.

Top Bottom