What's new

2nd try of wet shaving. seems that I'm hooked now!

I tried wet shaving 3 month ago. I bought a Maggard MR5 razor + 7 O'Clock Super Platinum Blades, Omega 11047 Mixed Brush, AOS sandalwood cream. My first couple shaves was not that good, I might put too much attention to not cutting myself instead of other things. Anyway, after 1 week, I went back to cartridge shaving, but with brush and cream this time. I mailed my razor to a friend who also wanted to try.

Last month, for some reason, I decided to try wet shaving again, I bought Merkur 34C and a blade sample pack. I guess being an lurker on B&B and reddit WickedEdge really helped me. I enjoyed all my shaves with 34C, even with occasional nicks.

I got feather popular yesterday just to try TTO razor, I really liked it.

Gear so far:
Merkur 34C & Feather Popular
Omega 11047 Mixed Brush
Gillette Silver Blue, Feather, VDH, Wilkinson sword DE Blades
1 Razor and Brush Stand
AOS sandalwood & TOBS sandalwood cream
Thayers witch hazel & Nivea sensitive post shave balm

Any idea what to buy next?

You could always pick up some samples from Maggard Razors, Garry's sample shop or if you like soaps Stirling Soaps sells sample pucks.

All three have sample sets of AS as well.

Currently I am going through a set of blades that I got from Try-a-blade.

As most will caution you, don't change too many things at once.

Good luck and enjoy you searching.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Sir, what about a shave stick? They are inexpensive, easy to use and very effective. In the meantime congrats on your good results and enjoy the shaves!

Hello and welcome here. Great to have you on board. Glad the shaves are going so well. They just get better and better!

You could always pick up some samples from Maggard Razors, Garry's sample shop or if you like soaps Stirling Soaps sells sample pucks.
All three have sample sets of AS as well.
Currently I am going through a set of blades that I got from Try-a-blade.
As most will caution you, don't change too many things at once.
Good luck and enjoy you searching.

I ordered a sample of Maggard Razors' Pre-Shave Oil.

My first pass is usually not that great, but 2nd and 3rd pass are fine. this is why I want to try pre shave oil to see if it helps.

Between passes, I rinsed out lather with warm water, then use brush to apply new lather right after.

I wet my face before 1st pass, but it still feels dry when shaving.

Sir, what about a shave stick? They are inexpensive, easy to use and very effective. In the meantime congrats on your good results and enjoy the shaves!

Just ordered "D.R. Harris Sandalwood Shaving Soap Stick."

Looks like Wednesday will be my first shave with a soap!

Top Bottom