What's new

DaVinci 293 received

So I received my Da Vinci 293 silvertip yesterday and had first shave this am. Here is my first take. Out of the (beautiful ) box , this brush is a work of art! It is really a beauty. It's 22mm and weighs 414 grams so it has a nice heft. The black handle is made from a material called Perspex , which here in the USA is lucite. Very comfortable to hold. The fine awn silvertip hairs are so soft , it glides on my face without any pin pricking feeling like my badgers or boars. It's just a delight to use. it holds a lot of water and lathers much better than my previously mentioned brushes. It's by far my most expensive brush , but well worth it. I had a really nice bss 3 pass shave with my Parker 22r. It's a keeper. Check it out guys, I purchased on Amazon. Best price and fast shipping.

You are welcome. I can't speak about Thater or Simpson , but you will not be disssapointed with DA Vinci. Let me know what you end up with.

I decided to not return the Davinci 293 I got a few weeks ago.
After I got it, it seemed small. But when I re-read the reviews that caused me to buy it in the first place, I decide to try it given its robust backbone. I figure the extra backbone would make up for its small size.
Tried this morning with no break in, it was great.
Much more backbone than I would have imagine from a 22/55 brush. Heavier than I expected, which I liked. The handle, while not ornate, was a pleasant ergonomic surprise.
I have been searching for a brush to face later Castle Forbes with, think I found it.
I will do a full review in a week after I break it in. Very positive so far.
Now I need figure out how to face lather. Lost my excuse.

That's why I got it. Was under the radar. Only negative I heard about it was the handle wasn't everybody's cup of tea. Every review other than the aesthetics was very positive.
I am pleasantly surprised with the handle. Much better feel in the hand than I have on either of my two other brushes. Heavy and the end feels great in the hand.

I got my 293 as a gift at Christmas. I love the feel, the heft, and the firm silkiness of the silver tip bristles. My only complaint is that it loses at least 3-5 bristles with every shave, sometimes more, and this has been happening since the first shave last December. Is this normal?

My second shave with Da Vinci. Lost one tiny hair. I really do not think its a problem , we'll see

I'm getting a 290 tomorrow. I use a Kent BK8 almost exclusively, and I think the 290 exhibits the same qualities. Glad you're enjoying yours.

Top Bottom