What's new

Your beer of choice.

My favorite, easily available, beer is Shiner Bock. For summer, I really like their Ruby Redbird and Prickly Pear. I'm happy as this summer their seasonal selection is Prickly Pear and it will be available in six-packs!

I really enjoy Wells Banana Bread beer, and an occasional ginger beer.

My everyday beers are Caffrey's and Boddingtons when I can get them, and Negra Modelo or any of the Bohemia lineup for local beers.

First time I had Smithwicks was in Ireland in 1977. Found it on Tap in NYC last year :thumbup:

proxy.php

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
My favorite, easily available, beer is Shiner Bock. For summer, I really like their Ruby Redbird and Prickly Pear. I'm happy as this summer their seasonal selection is Prickly Pear and it will be available in six-packs!
I bought a 12 pack of the prickly pear a couple of weeks ago and my first thought was "why on earth did I buy a 12 pack of this without sampling first?" After the initial shock it grew on me though and I'd buy it again. Much fruitier than I usually like but it works.

$image.jpg

Another ham-fisted attempt to upload a photo...
Here's a nice "oak aged beer" from Scotland, Innis & Gunn. My wife bought twelve of these beauties from the LCBO about a month and a half ago and they're definitely not for pounding back while waiting for the hot dogs to grill! I have no idea what the oak aging has to do with beer, but it gives the beer a nice, strong taste. I'm not a liquor or wine drinker, just a regular beer drinkin' slob, but every once in awhile the Innis & Gunn gets a taste.
For those pounding back while waiting for the hot dogs to grill, I maker a Laker. The beer to have when you're having more than one!

I like all kinds of beers, but a general year round great choice for me is Guinness. However, in the summer when it's really hot up here in the desert you'll catch me in the shade enjoying a Leinenkugel or Schofferhofer Shandy (if I can find them).

Bass or Smithwick's Ale. I hardly go out to eat anymore because I can't get a decent ale with dinner. Every restaurant's beer seems to be flavored, fruity, citrusy or just bloody awful.

So many beers, so little time! I vary from enjoying many dark ales to summer wheats to a good lager. I'm not big on any beer with fruit or anything too complicated. I shun IPAs or anything with high hops.

Heineken is my go to since it's readily available. Used to be Becks until they started making it in the US. I don't want to pay imported prices for domestic. Guiness Stout on occasion.

I am a huge advocate of fine Kentish or Norfolk ales. Anything from the Shepherd Neame or Woodfords breweries are sublime, but my favourite from each has to be Spitfire (SN) and Headcracker (W). Both very easily drunk, and if you drink a few Headcrackers you will literally be drunk and have a cracked head. It's a very plummy beer, more akin to say a barley wine, so smooth and delicious.

Heineken is my go to since it's readily available. Used to be Becks until they started making it in the US. I don't want to pay imported prices for domestic. Guiness Stout on occasion.
If you're buying your Heineken in the US, it was brewed at the Molson Brewery in Montreal.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I remember Anchor Steam being available only within like 50 miles of The City .. good stuff, must try & see if it's made it this far east

Evolution Lot #3 IPA (Salisbury, MD)
Troegs Hopback Amber Ale (Harrisburg, PA)

Summer - Flying Dog Dead Rise (Frederick, MD)
Fall - Flying Dog Dogtoberfest (Frederick, MD)

Can you tell I'm from Maryland? :)

Recently, I've discovered Dale's Pale Ale (Oskar Blues Grll & Brew - Lyons, CO)

I think they might be brewing Dale's in North Carolina now for east coast distribution. If they're not yet, I'm pretty sure they will be at soem point. Oskar Blues does have some good ones.

Top Bottom