What's new

Your beer of choice.

We all have our favorite shave soap or razor but how about your favorite beer.
Here's my seasonal choices... What's yours?
Fall/winter..Franziskaner Hefeweizen w/ a slice of orange
$image.jpg
Spring/summer... A ice cold Corona or a bud light lime..
$image.jpg
Actually I'll drink any beer handed to me and not complain... We should never complain when it's free... Lol.

Last edited:
Any time all-time favorite domestic: Anchor Steam
All-time favorite import: Pilsner Urquell
Runner-up: Yuengling Lager
Summer: Shiner Bock
Fall: Dogtoberfest (Flying Dog Brewery)
Winter Holidays: Winter Storm Imperial ESB (Clipper City Brewery)

Last edited:
I like many different beers depending the Season and or mood, but my all time favorite is the regular Alt Bier from Uerige.

$Alt.PNG

Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Ale never lets me down

Attachments

• $lagunitas_product_lilsumpin.jpg
    $lagunitas_product_lilsumpin.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
My favorite all around right now is Shiner Bock. It's always good.
If I'm having tacos I like Negra Modelo. With Brats I like Spaten Optimator. Pizza, probably Boulevard Pale Ale.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My favorite all around right now is Shiner Bock. It's always good.
If I'm having tacos I like Negra Modelo. With Brats I like Spaten Optimator. Pizza, probably Boulevard Pale Ale.
Negra Modelo is great. I only have Spaten Optimator when I go to Fredericksburg, TX. It goes great with the sauerbraten at Der Lindenbaum.

Negra Modelo is great. I only have Spaten Optimator when I go to Fredericksburg, TX. It goes great with the sauerbraten at Der Lindenbaum.

I have a hard time finding the Optimator sometimes so I have been going with Warstiener Dunkel. It's good but not quite as good.

My beer of choice during the warmer months is a good Helles lager. Shiner made one for a little while, Southern Tier is making one this year.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I have a hard time finding the Optimator sometimes so I have been going with Warstiener Dunkel. It's good but not quite as good.
The area around Austin, TX is known as German Hill Country, due to the large amount of German immigrants that found their way there. They have access to the best beer in the state :biggrin:

Regarding my selection of beers I'm not too seasonal, however, Deschutes Brewery puts out Jubelale as their winter ale, it is superb. For awhile I was on a porter and stout kick. Black Butte Porter, Guinness, Obsidian Stout were some that I frequented. Although it is difficult to beat a good IPA and Russian River brews one called the Blind Pig and it is excellent, click here to see it http://russianriverbrewing.com/brews/blind-pig-ipa/ Laurelwood's workhorse IPA is great, as is their lighter ale called Mother Lode Golden. Lastly, Rogue's Dead Guy Ale is smooth and tasty, it is one I've enjoyed recently. Well, this was fun. Cheers!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
The area around Austin, TX is known as German Hill Country, due to the large amount of German immigrants that found their way there. They have access to the best beer in the state :biggrin:

The Germans (including my relatives) really settled in Central Texas because they saw all the moss in the oak trees and thought it was sauerkraut. I'm Scottish too so that's why I tell that story.

Last edited:
Top Bottom