What's new

Maggards Samples

Does anyone have experience ordering samples from Maggards? Most say the shipping weight is .5 oz, with some weight 1 oz. My question would be if this shipping weight includes the weight of the container (I'm assuming it does). I'm trying to figure out they're good deals or not! 2 dollars for a .5 oz sample of TOBS creams and around 4 dollars if I remember correctly for CF and DR Harris samples. Trumper somewhere in between. Thanks for the help!

Samples are less about bang for your buck in terms of $/oz and more about making sure you like the product before purchasing a whole tub. Sure, it's going to cost more per oz than a full tub, but I'd rather do that then have to try and trade/sell a whole tub I didn't enjoy!

The Maggards are fantastic to deal with, and their sample selection for creams is top notch!

I agree with domzals1. I don't buy samples first and I've paid for that policy in the end. I don't have that many soaps/creams but I've bought whole tubs/tubes of ones I wish I hadn't. And ditto to the Maggards, a great place to do business. I'd also have a look at Garry's Sample Shop.

I did the TOBS samples through Maggards. It was 12 sample jars for 20 something dollars. Each jar will last you between four to five shaves so it isn't just a one and done type sample. I think it is great because I don't think you are going to get samples of certain types many other places. As an added bonus, their customer service is really outstanding. If you email them (even on a sunday) you get a prompt reply from Cassie. Shipment usually arrives in a few days at the most.

I've ordered quite a bit of samples from Maggards. They have a great selection to chose from and they are one of the best company's I've ever done business with. I placed an order for a few samples last week... within one hour of placing the order I got a shipping notification and had my goods at my door in two days. You get a decent amount of product, enough for 3-5 shaves.

I've ordered quite a bit of samples from Maggards. They have a great selection to chose from and they are one of the best company's I've ever done business with. I placed an order for a few samples last week... within one hour of placing the order I got a shipping notification and had my goods at my door in two days. You get a decent amount of product, enough for 3-5 shaves.

+1 for this comment

Craig

+2 for this comment.

Samples are less about bang for your buck in terms of $/oz and more about making sure you like the product before purchasing a whole tub. Sure, it's going to cost more per oz than a full tub, but I'd rather do that then have to try and trade/sell a whole tub I didn't enjoy!

The Maggards are fantastic to deal with, and their sample selection for creams is top notch!

+1

Thanks guys - I'm gonna order a bunch of samples here soon! I would rather lose a dollar or so on a sample than 15-30 on a tub of a scent I don't like!

Here are the samples I ordered:
https://www.maggardrazors.com/product/proraso-pre-post-sampler/
https://www.maggardrazors.com/product/maggard-razors-pre-shave-oil-samples/
https://www.maggardrazors.com/product/maggard-razors-artisan-shaving-soap-samples/ (I ordered the lime)

I'm about one week into de shaving so my reviews of the products will not be based on experience. But I'll post my thoughts.

This was my second order from maggard. As others have said, I've been very happy with them so far.

Does anyone have experience ordering samples from Maggards? Most say the shipping weight is .5 oz, with some weight 1 oz. My question would be if this shipping weight includes the weight of the container (I'm assuming it does). I'm trying to figure out they're good deals or not! 2 dollars for a .5 oz sample of TOBS creams and around 4 dollars if I remember correctly for CF and DR Harris samples. Trumper somewhere in between. Thanks for the help!

You are overthinking it. They don't weigh the containers any longer. (That's what I was told.) Even if they did, no matter which way you slice it, the samples are not a deal. You are paying a very high price for the amount of product you purchase. However, because the amount of product you are purchasing is small, the price only amounts to a few dollars. The appeal of this, as others have stated, is to be able to try many different products without having to commit to whole containers. It is better, for example, to spend $4 on a sample of something you don't like, than to spend $30 on it and also end up with a whole container that you won't use.

I'm sold guys! I knew it wasn't the same bang for your buck as a tub anyway, I guess I just wanted to make sure I would get a good sample out of it at least to be able to really decide! I appreciate the input, I"m about to put in an order! I really love the earthy smell of TOBS sandalwood and I don't think I will be very fond of citrus-y scents, but this is the time to try some out! I'm going to order:

Cella

DR Harris: Marlborough, Sandalwood

Proraso: Green and Red

TOBS: Eton College, Jermyn St, St. James, Mr. Taylor

Trumper: Coconut Oil, Spanish Leather

I'm also going to order some RazoRock soaps from Italian Barber! I think I'll be getting XXX, Son of Zeus, and Zi' Peppino. In that order will also be a stick of La Toja and a stick of Arko.

Thanks for the input!

I tried the Maggard pre-shave oil sample today (the lavender scent). The scent was very subtle, but there. I can't say I felt a difference with my shave though. I'll use up all six samples before I pass judgment. The theme here seems to always be YMMV.

jwde, please post you impressions of your samples.

I definitely will! However, with me being in the northern highlands of Peru I expect it to be at least a few weeks before I get them - if not longer! And that's assuming the postal service here doesn't have a two month long strike like they did last year!

Top Bottom