What's new

Maggards Samples

Glad to hear you placed an order. Maggards is the company I went to to get started. I got their DE Starter Set or something like that, and am still using the hardware I purchased with it. As for samples, my wife got me the Proraso sampler from them for Christmas. It's been enjoyable. I imagine I'll get some other samples from them also, but will probably not go for anything that is an $$$$$ tube. I did get into this to save money! :)

Maggards used to provide samples of RazoRock products as well. Unfortunately they don't anymore, as I was planning to get a few of those to try.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Don't be shy ordering those samples. Get whatever you think you might like at all. It's worth it. I ordered a whole bushel of samples from Maggard's and was very happy I did. Some got kicked right to the curb because of scent. Some I fell in love with instantly. Others I could put aside to check out when I was curious and without taking up much space.

The containers also are reusable for travel or whatever else mighty fancy you. You just need to air out the lids for a while (or strip out the foam that holds the scent). I have about a half dozen empty containers waiting for something to do and recently used one to bring a couple days' worth of cream in for travel.

Bymybear, I was just thinking of how I got into this to save money and just spent a ton on a few orders from Italian Barber, Maggards and Stirling! Though I eventually changed my order and didn't get as many samples as I wanted from Maggards. My next opportunity to do so will be in October-ish so I'll be order a bunch before then! And thanks for the input TexLaw, I'll definitely be getting more in the future! This time I narrowed it down to Proraso Red, Trumper Lime and Spanish Leather, and DRH Marlborough! Like I said though, I'll definitely be getting more!

EDIT

Figured I'd go ahead and share my entire purchase!

Full size creams/soaps

Arko Stick
La Toja Stick
Proraso Green
RazoRock XXXt
RazoRock Zi Peppino
RazoRock Tobacco #1 and #2
RazoRock Son of Zeus
Cella 150g (not the brick!)
AoS Sandalwood Tallow (bought two pucks from someone)

Stirling Samples

Vanilla Sandalwood
Texas on Fire
Stirling Spice
Sharp Dressed Man
Ozark Mountain
Margaritas in the Arctic
Frozen Tundra
Executive Man
Bay Rum

Last edited:
Wow. You've got enough to last you a few years. What do you plan on buying next month? :)

And yes, I maintain a "wish list" at maggards and have spent too much money already.

I was sincerely wondering how long this stash might last me. I know I'm about a month and a half into a TOBS Sandalwood tub and I believe I could easily get at least half a year more out of it. If not more. But I plan on building a stash - I'm sure they won't go bad! And I'm really intrigued in the B/S/T business so hopefully I'll get to trade some of them later on! I just want to try everything! But making a wishlist on Maggards is a good idea - I'm gonna do that now!

Maggards service is amazing!

I ordered all the Maggards samples, and all the Barrister & Mann samples and I am glad I did. For me its all about fragrance and skin sensitivity. I have no idea what is going to irritate my skin, or what fragrances I am going to warm up to. Samples are a great way to sort it out before purchasing 8oz of something I don't agree with. I learned that the hard (expensive) way.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
That'll keep your busy for some time, man! That goes double if you like everything!

You're quite welcome for the advice. Just keep on mind that it's only worth what you paid for it. 😊

Top Bottom