What's new

Maca Root

Bought one tub when it was on sale last Christmas and was thoroughly underwhelmed. It's one of those products you see, if you're lucky to have a Body Shop close by, and are eager to try something, anything shave related that's available in a brick and mortar that isn't the woefully meagre offerings in drugstores or Walmart.
I tried it, and was not impressed.

Used the Maca today for the first time in a while. It was slick and effective. Good stuff. I happen to like the scent.
I bought it while I was traveling since it was all that I could find, but it turned out to be a welcome addition to the den- it's probably my favorite cream now.

I have almost finished my tub.... I will have to clear my den a bit before i ll buy anything new .... But maca root will be on my re-purchase list

It has been a while since I used Maca Root. Man its good stuff. If you have not tried it you should. Super slick and smells great. A bargain cream if you ask me.

The ONLY problem I have with it is that it's too 'rich for my blood'. Compared to some, yes it's cheap, but otherwise, I look at it like it's the same price as like five tubes of Nivea. Be nice if Nivea smelled like Maca Root though!

I recently bought 3 tubs of it (buy 2 get 1 free) and really like it. I would say it is my second favorite cream/soap behind my DR Harris Arlington. I don't mind the scent although I have heard others refer to it as stink weed. Here is Canada it is $16 a tub which is a little steep but it seems to go a long way.

I've heard its good...but here in Australia its NOT cheap. Body Shop Aus charges $20...for $20 i could get something more premium...so it's always put me off. If it was half that price, it would be a no-brainer for me.

I just can't stand the scent. I've only smelled it in the bowl, never on my face. Ick.

+1 ... I used it once, and that was all I could stand.

The performance is terrific, but the aroma of the cream made me gag. Only thing I have in my den that smells worse is Irisch Moos.

I was hoping it would be similar to TBS Original Formula in the beige tub, which is one of my favorite creams. Original Formula has its own funky, earthy aroma, especially when you smell the raw product, but when you lather it up the smell mellows out. Maca Root only seems to intensify the nauseating smell.

And what does Maca Root ingredient do for shaving? I often see Maca Root included included in "male enhancement" proprietary blends, but can't think of any reason it would be in a shaving cream. If its so good, why don't other manufacturers use it?

I have a Maca Root gift set that I picked up years ago. The synthetic brush was a disappointment. The shaving cream was a disappointment. The rest of it, I never even tried because the cream smelled so bad.

I really wanted to like this stuff, but I can't use it if I can't breathe while I'm shaving.

The Maca Root cream is one of my favorites. BS runs enough buy two/get two sales often enough that it doesn't cost too much to stock up.

I'm glad I only bought the squeeze tube. While I don't hate the scent, I don't enjoy it either. The cream performs well, but I'd rather spend the money on C.O. Bigelow. I use the Maca Root to make superlathers with Williams Mug Soap. Excellent performance and cuts the scent. Once the tube is gone, I won't be replacing it.

I like the texture and slickness of this cream and it's one of the best performance wise, but I agree with others that the scent my be a deal breaker. Here in Canada it's a little expensive, but I got mine on sale at Body Shop for around CAD9.00. I think it's a really good product, despite the scent, and too bad it comes in a cheap plastic tub instead of a nice tin.
$maca root.jpg

Top Bottom