What's new

Maca Root

It has been a while since I used Maca Root. Man its good stuff. If you have not tried it you should. Super slick and smells great. A bargain cream if you ask me.

The ONLY problem I have with it is that it's too 'rich for my blood'. Compared to some, yes it's cheap, but otherwise, I look at it like it's the same price as like five tubes of Nivea. Be nice if Nivea smelled like Maca Root though!

Its one of the few soaps/creams that I freely tell my wife to use. She can generate a lather with it no problem. And I love it too.

I recently bought 3 tubs of it (buy 2 get 1 free) and really like it. I would say it is my second favorite cream/soap behind my DR Harris Arlington. I don't mind the scent although I have heard others refer to it as stink weed. Here is Canada it is $16 a tub which is a little steep but it seems to go a long way.

This is the only cream I have 2 tubs of. I received my first one as part of a PIF last year and really like it. My 21 year old son took it over and is still using that same tub. My wife gave me a second tub for Christmas. Its good stuff.

The ONLY problem I have with it is that it's too 'rich for my blood'. Compared to some, yes it's cheap, but otherwise, I look at it like it's the same price as like five tubes of Nivea. Be nice if Nivea smelled like Maca Root though!
Keep your eyes out, it goes on sale quite a bit. They go on a really big sale around Christmas and the end of the year, where you can get it half off.

Yeah, I think the next time I do get some I'll get the squeeze tube variety. I have a BS gift card that's aging a bit now, so when a sale pops up I'll have to go around. Any real difference in the tube vs tub?

Yeah, I think the next time I do get some I'll get the squeeze tube variety. I have a BS gift card that's aging a bit now, so when a sale pops up I'll have to go around. Any real difference in the tube vs tub?

No, same formula, and same price per ounce, just different delivery system. They are on sale on the website right now. Buy 2 get one free or buy 3 get 3 free. Valid until April 30th.

...smells great. A bargain cream if you ask me.
I would argue against both statements. Some days I think the scent is fine, but I prefer so many other scents over this one. Also, it is only a bargain if you can get it on an extreme sale. Otherwise, it is much more expensive than the true bargain soaps/creams (Arko, Nivea, and even Proraso).

I got mine for 9 dollars U.S. On sale last year. I don't do creams but I love it for travel or hurried shaves if running late. It's good slick stuff!

I dont think much of the scent, but I assume its natural and not added perfume. Its a great cream and never makes my skin feel irritated. Does its job perfectly.

I have a tub amongst the other 80 or so other creams/soaps I have. It is still a while since I have used..in fact 2 years!

This is my dad's favorite shave cream, it's all he uses. I gave him some Arko cream to try and he was impressed by that, however. He's not really into soaps.

Maca root is also great to mix with other creams. Maca root and Proraso....awesome, better than either alone. Currently am using a batch of Maca root and Tabac, simply amazing as well.
I mix it 50-50 in an empty Maca root tub, then transfer to a silicone reuseable travel tube, for ease of daily use.

This stuff may not be as cheap as the Nivea cream, but that stuff burned my face something awful for some reason. The Macca root stuff I love, I've been experimenting with hard soaps lately and it's been my go to when I'm recovering from a bad shave and need some extra protection.

Maca root is also great to mix with other creams. Maca root and Proraso....awesome, better than either alone. Currently am using a batch of Maca root and Tabac, simply amazing as well.
I mix it 50-50 in an empty Maca root tub, then transfer to a silicone reuseable travel tube, for ease of daily use.
Maca-raso? Ta-Maca? [emoji3]

Maca root and proraso, I have to give this a try.

TDS (The Dear Spouse), has decreed that the Maca/Tabac blend is great on her legs. The blend has a shimmery pale yellow color that must be pleasing to the female eye.

Top Bottom