What's new

Iron Ranger type boots

I have a pair of Iron Ranger boots that I LOVE, but my foot doesn't. I broke one of my feet and it healed wrong and a really hard sole under my really hard orthotics just does not work.

I'm looking for a pair of boots that look similar to the brown Iron Rangers but with a softer sole.

Any suggestions?

I've been doing a lot of research about boots recently. I believe you can have your IRs resoled with a lug sole. It won't be a CUSHIONED sole, but it will definitely be softer than the cork/leather sole on the stock IR.

I have 2 pair 1000 mile boots, Addison's and 721s, and neither have soft soles IMHO. Perhaps other models have different soles

I agree that White's are worth looking at, but the footbed in my Semi-Dress White's is not cushiony. They're far and away my best pair of boots, in all senses of the word, but they're not soft. Moreover, they don't easily accommodate inserts, due to the arch support system. I would look at inserts for your IRs. IRs seem to be built with an eye toward inserts.

I tried, but they never worked right for me. I used my orthodics and that was kind of alright. I tried to use the Red Wing inserts, but those didn't work either.

Top Bottom