What's new

Mixing Creams?

Does anyone ever mix shaving creams? Just go half and half sometimes for like...rose-sandalwood?...or maybe something that sounds better than that? It seems that there are enough varieties of creams to combine and make great things out of. Is this a common practice already or am I really a genius? (my money is on the former)

apparently there is a lack of interest on the newbies page so i decided to think smart and put this thread on the Shaving Creams board. maybe someone will delete the other one.

You can load your brush with soap, create a breech in the center, and add some cream into it. You can also load the brush with soap and put some cream in a bowl and mix it up there. Or I guess you could load the brush with cream and make some lather than go back and do some swipes on the soap but I think thatd be a little more messy. I prefer to do it with in the bowl but YMMV.

man, i was really looking forward to being a genius...

how do you go about mixing cream and soap?

honestly, i was going to say that u were a genius, but i knew that when more people would chime in and respond, u would find out u werent the hard way so i didnt say anything. :biggrin:

i havent done it yet but i would just load the brush with soap and get it dense, then add the cream to the bristles as if there was no soap on the brush.

honestly, i was going to say that u were a genius, but i knew that when more people would chime in and respond, u would find out u werent the hard way so i didnt say anything. :biggrin:

i havent done it yet but i would just load the brush with soap and get it dense, then add the cream to the bristles as if there was no soap on the brush.

I figured some people did it, but i've had a few epiphanies lately (for some reason i dont know) but none of them lead me to being a genius...yet...we'll see in good time.

the soap and cream mix method is a lot simpler than i thought now that ive read these replies.

thanks guys

I like cutting my eShave samples with Tom's Mint. That's mostly to stretch the fancy stuff a little longer, but mint-cucumber sure is tasty! :biggrin:

the only way i was able to use classic shaving soap was to melt and mix it with col conk. i used vanilla classic and conk lime, smells awesome and actually lathers!!

That lather would be unbelieveably slick as well as moisturizing and thick. He gave one quick light pressure brush accross his hand. If he were to actually lather his face that stuff would look even more amazing than it does on his brush. Mantic is the man. He is the king of instructional videos.

i do have to say mantics vids are quite incredible, informative, and entertaining. i can't believe how much ive learned from just watching those youtube vids.

That lather would be unbelieveably slick as well as moisturizing and thick. He gave one quick light pressure brush accross his hand. If he were to actually lather his face that stuff would look even more amazing than it does on his brush. Mantic is the man. He is the king of instructional videos.

He's a good instructor for beginners but since everyone is different and everyone has different tastes, techniques, hands, hair growth, other variables, etc it is only really good for himself.

He's a good instructor for beginners but since everyone is different and everyone has different tastes, techniques, hands, hair growth, other variables, etc it is only really good for himself.

hey man, im not mad at you...but id look out for JayKay...he is holding a skull.

Top Bottom