What's new

Talc problems.

I love clubman talc. I do not, however, love the way it turns white clothes pink... Even the white talc has red colorant in it. I even had an email session with the company about this. I tried the bath talc, but it is weakly scented. I Like a stronger scent. I think the Jeris white talc has the red colorant as an ingredient as well.

I have seen King Talc, Borotalco and Stephens talc.

I would like a cheap, white talc with a nice odor for everyday use. Anyone use any of these? Can you describe the scent? Is the scent as strong as clubman?

Regards,
Brian

Stephan's talc. It has a nice strong scent to me that is very barbershop reminiscent but it's not Clubman. To boot it's medicated which will help keep jock itch and the like at bay.

Hope that helps.

Chris

BTW I forgot to mention it's completely white and will not stain anything. I can assure you of this from years of personal experience.

Chris

I have lots of vintage talc. Williams, Colgate, Pinaud, Mennen, etc. You can find it on the bay pretty cheap. Great stuff. Almost always white/off-white in color.

I have lots of vintage talc. Williams, Colgate, Pinaud, Mennen, etc. You can find it on the bay pretty cheap. Great stuff. Almost always white/off-white in color.
I have seen some of your cool pictures in the past. Which vintage talks do you find to have the best scent?

Williams talc smells awesome. Pinaud lilac talc is great, but hard to find. Avon talc is also very good and comes in lots of different scents. There are a few modern scents you can buy from Avon directly, or some vintage ones you can find as well. The talc scents compliment their aftershaves. Some aftershave bottles came with a talc dispenser as well. Like this one:
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429795049.780016.jpg

The phone is aftershave, the handset is talc. Many others like this as well.

Got the Stephans talc in. It seems to work good, but only smells ok. Sure is priced right, even for a big container. I'll work my way through it this summer. May be the new talc in my house.

Boy, I sure wish clubman would actually make white talc without red. It just smells too good.

Liking the performance of Stephans talc more each day. Good stuff.

Glad you're liking it. It's not as potent as some talcs like Clubman but I like the scent. To me it's great in that it won't clash with another scent you may be wearing as an aftershave or cologne.

Stephan's is the talc my barber of late uses to dust my neck so it's very barbershop to me. When I was a kid and younger man it was Clubman so I love that stuff too. Just use what you like.

Chris

Top Bottom