What's new

Bell tube razor handles?

Hey, guys, I've always been fascinated with the bell-tube handle, which appeared, I believe, on only a few Gillette razors back in the day. (Not sure which ones.)

I know they were well replicated by Bob at Bob's Razor Works. I don't know if any of the other handle-making artisans have made these. I know Rafael at UFO never did.

Anybody have a bell-tube handle? Either an original, or a copy? Let's see 'em if you've got 'em. Any brand, any make, any year. I just need a bell-tube handle fix!

The first Aristocrat, they're cool.

proxy.php

That's it! Thanks, Edgar.

In the back of my mind I had the thought "aristocrat," but then I just wasn't sure enough to put it down. They used the name for too many different razors.

I have the SABI T2, but it's on a New Improved right now, and not getting much love. I think Andy at AKASL made an interpretation of the Bell Tube for Taco8slo a while ago, but I don't know if Andy is turning handles right now. I talked to Will Quiles about a Ball End last year, and he told me he didn't have the equipment to curve a radius like that - so perhaps turning the bell requires some specific tooling.

I have the SABI T2, but it's on a New Improved right now, and not getting much love. I think Andy at AKASL made an interpretation of the Bell Tube for Taco8slo a while ago, but I don't know if Andy is turning handles right now. I talked to Will Quiles about a Ball End last year, and he told me he didn't have the equipment to curve a radius like that - so perhaps turning the bell requires some specific tooling.
For sure it does. I asked Rafael at UFO to make me one several years ago. I was told that special tooling was required and that he couldn't do it at that time, but that he would think about it, and they would let me know if he was able to. So I'm sure it's a different beast than just making a regular, squared-off handle shape.

Shaved with mine this morning.
My first shave with it, as I just acquired it.
Beats the hell out of shaving with my double ring....

$1916 Aristocrat #4.jpg

$1916 Aristocrat #3.jpg

Bob
Dragonmaster

I have one of the Timor razors mentioned up there ...... I'd not thought of it this way before, but the handle does have some similarities, certainly .....

$IMG_0536.jpg

I have a Matador Toro Mastiff handle (same as the Sabi/Corto above). It's a heavy, nice handle that grips very well on the rough areas. Affordable, too.

I have a Matador Toro Mastiff handle (same as the Sabi/Corto above). It's a heavy, nice handle that grips very well on the rough areas. Affordable, too.

I have the Matador Toro Mastiff as well and I like the entire razor. The handle is really great.

The Tradere handle was modelled after the Aristocrat bell tube. I've always thought it was one of the best looking handles out there. Actually, it's one of the best looking razors out there.

proxy.php

The Tradere handle was modelled after the Aristocrat bell tube. I've always thought it was one of the best looking handles out there. Actually, it's one of the best looking razors out there.

proxy.php

+1 ......... If these were still being made, I'd happily shell out a premium for an OC (I have the SB). As it is ......... One day I'll have to sell a kidney to get one :lol:

+2

What a gorgeous razor! Why is this not talked more about here on B&B? Have they been out of production that long? What is the shave like with them, compared to other SS razors?

proxy.php

+2

What a gorgeous razor! Why is this not talked more about here on B&B? Have they been out of production that long? What is the shave like with them, compared to other SS razors?

We don't talk about them much anymore because they are gone. I don't know EXACTLY when they went out of production, but it has to have been 2 or 3 years by now.

They shave amazingly. I have one, but not the open comb. I have the safety bar version. But it's still an incredible shaver.

And I have two of the handles: one of the first-generation handles and one of the second. I love the handles, especially the 2nd-generation one. I am currently using it on an English RFB NEW head. One of (if not THE) best razor I have ever used. The handle and that head together are like magic.

Top Bottom