What's new

Shampoo Bar Suggestions

About to run out of my store brand shampoo that has always left my scalp and hair feeling dry. I'm interested in trying a shampoo bar. I have looked at Soapy Bathman and PAA's offerings. Has anyone tried either of these? Can someone make a suggestion which bars I should try? Thanks - Aaron

i've used several shampoo bars (QCS, mystic, taconic) but DR Harris' Arlington is best so far. Denser, nice lather and conditioning, great Arlington scent.
Another option...DR Harris' Windsor Head to Toe liquid shower soap.

$Untitled-1.jpg

$Untitled-2.jpg

I like the Taconic bars. I just got a new one. The last one I had lasted more than 8 months!!! I also have a J.R. liggett that is really good too.

I've been loving J.R. Liggett's. I've used several different ones, and all work well. I've had to use a dandruff shampoo for going on 40 years. Since I started using the Tea Tree and Hemp Oil bar, I haven't used a dandruff shampoo once! Performance is great, and they last a long time. Highly recommended.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I know it's nothing fancy, but I've been shampooing with Mitchell's Wool Fat for the last couple of months or so and been loving it.

This is my 1169th post. That said, it's probably near my 1000th post containing the brand "Ogallala". To me, it's the best bath/shampoo bar out there.

I bought some chagrin valley bars.. Crazy story... when purchasing it I noticed I live 5 mins from the company in Cleveland. They let me go and pick it up in person. I am using it for the first time tonight

I bought some chagrin valley bars.. Crazy story... when purchasing it I noticed I live 5 mins from the company in Cleveland. They let me go and pick it up in person. I am using it for the first time tonight

Always good to find out something is local. And I think they work great.

Just keep in mind that if your switching from regular shampoo it may take some time to adjust. Chagrin Valley does not strip the oils the same way others do, so you need to give it a couple weeks to really see how well it works for you.

I have the soapy Bathman bars and absolutely love them. Email him if you are thinking of ordering as he has stuff curing all the time. Like others have said, you need to use it regularly for a couple of weeks to get a proper evaluation.

I have a few posts on Turkish bittim soap. Containing olive oil and wild pistaccio oil, it is suitable for face, hair, and body. It is sold as something that stops hair loss and various scalp conditions, though it has not performed any miracles on this old man's wiry gray mop. I have been washing with it all but exclusively for weeks. Some eBay suppliers, such as Soapmadeinturkey (Caria) and Aegeansoaps, somehow have the shipping charges down to where they do not cost more than the product itself.

i pretty much stick with J.R. Liggett's. Simple, does the job.

The biggest tip I can give you is to always cut it into four equal parts before using. Being for your hair you don't need a big bar, but the most important reason is, It last so much longer. less gets melted away per use.

I have used and very much enjoy the Arlington shampoo bar. One thing I have been curious about, and have not been able to find, is if anyone makes a conditioning bar? I feel after some of these shampoo bars, that a conditioning is needed. I don't know if the cleanliness level of the shampoo bars are to high, and thus stripping some of those oils, or what the deal is. This is why I stopped using shampoo bars.

I've been loving J.R. Liggett's. I've used several different ones, and all work well. I've had to use a dandruff shampoo for going on 40 years. Since I started using the Tea Tree and Hemp Oil bar, I haven't used a dandruff shampoo once! Performance is great, and they last a long time. Highly recommended.

+1 :thumbup1: J.R Liggett's...good products.

Top Bottom